Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January Medium/Long Range Discussion

WinterWxLuvr

46 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Last week I said I thought by Tuesday (today) we’d know if we’re in the game for Sunday/Monday. Think we can say we are. Details will be very much variable for another couple days at least.

I said after 12z yesterday's runs I wanted to see "changes" by todays 12z runs...that definitely happened lol  

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, jayyy said:

We went from a suppressed Georgia and Carolina’s snowstorm to worrying about the strong SE flow wrecking the mid levels within 12 hours. Oh. Weather. You never disappoint. 

Thank god we didn’t do something dumb and create a storm thread. :devilsmiley:

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Buffalo Transplant said:

I know that models have been all over the place but what time frame is this for?  I am heading to Buffalo Friday afternoon for the Bills game and plan on heading back sometime Sunday morning.  Thanks as always.

I have been on that same question as I am driving to Cincinnati for the Bengals playoff game at 4:30 pm Saturday. I think the progression on the potential system is Sunday into Monday. My brother and I have made tentative plans to make the full drive back to Baltimore immediately following the game just in case. 

• Like 1

Far too many pieces at play here to be TOO concerned about exact track and P-type 6 days out. It looks like the trend has started to get a monster nor’easter up the coastline. Let’s wait until at least Thursday before we begin to worry too much about minute details.  

I have a good feeling about this one.  

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, SnowenOutThere said:

I don't think it is wise to get to invested in this storm yet. Just 24 hours ago we thought this had little to no shot of going up the coast, now we are worried about to much amplification. Really shows how this pattern is a little too complex for he models to handle well at range.

Us? Invested in a potential D6 MECS? never. 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

Sorry Winter Wx Lvr, it's time for a thread.  Trends are not great already, so nobody can blame the thread.

Yeah that’s fine. But I was gonna post a request that nobody starts a new long range thread. Got a good mojo going. Let this one run and I’ll start a new one for February at the right time.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, SnowenOutThere said:

I don't think it is wise to get to invested in this storm yet. Just 24 hours ago we thought this had little to no shot of going up the coast, now we are worried about to much amplification. Really shows how this pattern is a little too complex for he models to handle well at range.

Lol x a million

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, WxMan1 said:

If we are, then it's about damn time. Our last El Niño was 6 years ago. We are due. 

CPC maps are stronger, they have +6c in the central subsurface. history shows not much correlation, although 87-88 was negative in the subsurface during El Nino, and that was followed by a Strong La Nina. 

re: the storm, Well, it's 25 degrees right now. 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic