Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Medium/Long Range Discussion

WinterWxLuvr

2 minutes ago, mappy said:

at least you're seeing snow, friend. 

Yeah but ain't what others are getting and I'm ticked. Tired of being right on the edge of either precip or temperatures. I want a WSW dang it...been 6 dang years. I can't even remember the last time I got a steady burst of fat flakes...absolutely ridiculous.

.....But yes it looks pretty, at least.

• Weenie 1

1 minute ago, Maestrobjwa said:

Yeah but ain't what others are getting and I'm ticked. Tired of being right on the edge of either precip or temperatures. I want a WSW dang it...been 6 dang years. I can't even remember the last time I got a steady burst of fat flakes...absolutely ridiculous.

.....But yes it looks pretty, at least.

Okay, well I can't help you from being angry about it. Enjoy what you get, could be worse, could be nothing, like me. Take care. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mappy said:

Thanks, that is pretty. 

lol, i think the trough is a little more neutral/negative on the canadian.  hopefully 12z follows.  didn't see a lot different in the 12z gfs...not sure why it lacked so much precip compared to 6z, but it's early in the game.  at this point, just hoping there's a storm...next step avoiding shearing...

6 minutes ago, Maestrobjwa said:

Would never trust that setup...it's a Miller B screwjob waiting to happen! Low transferring to the coast at our latitude...we've seen that one before, lol

5 minutes ago, 87storms said:

lol, i think the trough is a little more neutral/negative on the canadian.  hopefully 12z follows.  didn't see a lot different in the 12z gfs...not sure why it lacked so much precip compared to 6z, but it's early in the game.  at this point, just hoping there's a storm...next step avoiding shearing...

Im just trying to stay positive! hahahaha 

1 hour ago, mappy said:

we will get ours. don't worry. :) 

As someone from Fairfax Co who got screwed with lots of cold rain/sleet last year, I totally get your frustration!  I have 6" on the ground now (the best snow since Jan '19), but it's always more fun if we all get in on snow in the MidAtlantic.  

I keep checking back to this page for details about later in the week, so please keep asking! 

Just now, snowmagnet said:

As someone from Fairfax Co who got screwed with lots of cold rain/sleet last year, I totally get your frustration!  I have 6" on the ground now (the best snow since Jan '19), but it's always more fun if we all get in on snow in the MidAtlantic.  

I keep checking back to this page for details about later in the week, so please keep asking! 

Im not frustrated hahahahaha I'm happy for you all. I mean, Andy just sent me a picture of him measuring 9.5" of snow. That's fantastic. Couldn't be happier for you all. 

• Like 1

My full focus is on Friday since I missed this one. Canadian does look nice. It's ens are little used (maybe for a reason) but they look solid as well.

1641578400-bWyzVFPyNT8.png1641567600-Z3FJk2r1qfA.png

EURO ens have my fear that this storm goes more inland than I'd like. Still, not a bad run all told and trended much better from 12z yesterday (had 0.7" in DCA). The control hopped on board too.

1641600000-XPf0oanwAQc.png

1641578400-rvOETXsvSow.png

• Like 2

Just now, NorthArlington101 said:

My full focus is on Friday since I missed this one. Canadian does look nice. It's ens are little used (maybe for a reason) but they look solid as well.

1641578400-bWyzVFPyNT8.png1641567600-Z3FJk2r1qfA.png

EURO ens have my fear that this storm goes more inland than I'd like. Still, not a bad run all told and trended much better from 12z yesterday (had 0.7" in DCA)

1641600000-XPf0oanwAQc.png

Id take the Euro in a heartbeat

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

Maybe the Euro which tends to be over amped at times will correct somewhat to the GEFS and CMC outcomes. Certainly appears cold enough. The same areas that did well might do well again.   

1206177144_ScreenShot2022-01-03at11_36_46AM.png.17121a2fc4a32812f661ee7ddd973d2f.thumb.png.bc97308e8e2fe38865ddf36538f35a0b.png

• Like 2

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic