Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Wednesday 12/8 Possible Snow/Ice/Rain? Discussion

Torch Tiger

On 12/7/2021 at 9:04 AM, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Perfectly valid to think the winter will be awful...that may prove correct. All I meant was that fact RE the fall correlation to winter isn't debatable.

Farmington co-op is only one site, but next month will begin its 130th year of data so not a tiny sample size.  At that location, temps BN in October and AN for November have been the worst for snow, and the AN/BN sequence has been best.  Both months BN is a good sign while both months AN (like this year) runs very close to average for snow.

Currently some pretty feathers drifting slowly down, but not all that many.

3 minutes ago, tamarack said:

Farmington co-op is only one site, but next month will begin its 130th year of data so not a tiny sample size.  At that location, temps BN in October and AN for November have been the worst for snow, and the AN/BN sequence has been best.  Both months BN is a good sign while both months AN (like this year) runs very close to average for snow.

Currently some pretty feathers drifting slowly down, but not all that many.

I would consider normal this year a win with hopefully at least one biggie thrown in for good measure.

1 minute ago, WinterWolf said:

Bahaha:lol:…Hey if I pick up measurable like 1-2”, it’s a win. But radar isn’t looking to healthy at the moment for CT. 

Radar right now doesn't mean anything....if nothing is blossoming by 7-8pm tonight, then it's prob a bust. IF good snows develop prior to 6pm, then that would be a very good sign.

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, DavisStraight said:

I would consider normal this year a win with hopefully at least one biggie thrown in for good measure.

Agree completely, especially what I bolded.  We've not had a 12" storm since March of 2018 and in the period 98-99 thru 17-18 we never went 2 years without a snowfall of that size.  Also, we've not had a "snow month" (DJFM) with AN snow since February 2019 - 9 consecutive BN snow months, and this December is another slow starter.

2 minutes ago, tamarack said:

Agree completely, especially what I bolded.  We've not had a 12" storm since March of 2018 and in the period 98-99 thru 17-18 we never went 2 years without a snowfall of that size.  Also, we've not had a "snow month" (DJFM) with AN snow since February 2019 - 9 consecutive BN snow months, and this December is another slow starter.

this all makes me think why bother snowmobiling anymore. Seasons keep getting shorter

• Weenie 1

6 minutes ago, tamarack said:

Yup.  March 2018 was my last 12"+.