Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Wednesday 12/8 Possible Snow/Ice/Rain? Discussion

Torch Tiger

3 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

People just don't get it...mostly the younger crowd. Winter's have warmed a bit as a whole, but we just didn't have the biggies back then. I remember so many times where it was bare ground and cold. Sure now and then we had some good ones, but that stretch after 83..woof. I suppose 86-87 and 87-88 weren't too bad.

It was brutal. One  clipper in the mid 80s that put down a surprise 3-4 inches of currier and ives was a big deal. 86-87,87-88  and 89-90 were all solid where I was in Bristol CT but 88-89 hardly produced a foot and 84-85 was hardly 20 inches, 90-91 and 91-92 were abysmal too.

Even last year we had two double digit events here in death valley, although we only had about 40 total on the season and then that strange Dec 1 event the year before that was huge so we still have not regressed that much. Double digit snows only are supposed to happen 1 in every 4 winters for BDL

I enjoyed my overcast day that felt and looked like snow today, if there were a few flurries I missed them and that is just fine.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Nah. Radar exploding. Planning on 1-2. Reggie was right with IVT over C and E CT. HRRR bad 

All models had snow expanding. How many deep are you? You can be honest. It's just light stiff. There is no inv trough there. All from some weak WAA and s/w moving through.