Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Met Winter 2021 - 2022 Banter

HoarfrostHubb

8 minutes ago, snowman21 said:

I think we're going to have another nuclear arms race. Every country watching this realizes at the end of the day it's everyone for themselves, and nukes are the great equalizer.

Agreed. Putin clearly believes that his nuclear umbrella provides unlimited cover for him to do whatever he pleases. "Let me take over this country, and don't interfere or I nuke you" is the gist of it. Every time there's a conflict, he ratchets up the nuclear rhetoric. At some point, someone will call his bluff, and then we will find out whether it was in fact a bluff. I put nothing past him, but we cannot have rogue regimes terrorizing the world at will simply because they have nuclear weapons. More countries will either manufacture their own nuclear deterrent, or look to the nuclear powers to supply them. None of this is good, of course, but this is the way the world seems to be going.

• Like 1

This is the best news and report disseminated since this began ...

https://www.cnn.com/2022/03/01/politics/us-intelligence-putin-state-of-mind/index.html

...again, CNN - tfwiw...

Understanding any adversary is crucial in every conflict - that's just rudimentary.  But in this situation ... that seems uniquely urgent.  

The World needs to stop saying in one sentence that this adversary is crazed, but then philosophizing/framing the conflict around a war-time sovereignty, opposition model. 

This "might" require a unique, artful white gloving of a psychotic - one that by convention of insanity ... is detached from any limitation.

CNN does have a tendency to recloth content in swag 'flare' for drama. They're a news for profit wagon, seductively captivating their constituency with daunt and dystopia ...etc.   Still, the evidences predate this article enough to gather veracity, and it at least insinuates much of what we've been discussing the last several day of this crisis:  What is the the scale and degree of this despotism operating the Russian Military machine, and does it extend into the realm of a mad-man.  

This content is either CNN bedazzle, or is loaded with implicit WTFitude:

"

But the sudden burst of interest reflects a sense among some intelligence officials that Putin’s decision-making in Ukraine has been out of character – perhaps due to what some previous intelligence reports suggest has been protracted isolation during the Covid-19 pandemic.

“Everything US has [is] in [the] realm of conjecture because Putin’s decisions and statements don’t seem to be making sense,” said one source familiar with recent intelligence reporting on the topic. “For years, decades Putin has acted according to a pretty specific template.”"

13 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

They are going overhead every 10 minutes here.  Could just be training exercises from Westover but very unusual to have this many.

There's at least 1 Army C-130 out from Windsor Locks...did a loop over Leominster and returning now. Looks to be training

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Supernovice said:

There's at least 1 Army C-130 out from Windsor Locks...did a loop over Leominster and returning now. Looks to be training

Yeah, these sound like the big Hercules planes.    Sounds like it's two of them doing loops around the valley.   They are fairly common out here just not with the frequency they are coming at.

59 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

We've had about 8-10 military transport jets go over Greenfield the past hour.

I posted a few weeks ago about all the military traffic here along the shoreline. Blackhawks formations flying really low at weird times like at like 5 am. 

It looks like either a big training exercise or we are on high alert. Im going to guess its not training.  There are c-130s all over New England flying grids today and there is a Stratotanker going up and down the New England coast. 

You can track all the military traffic here when their transponders are on. Click U on the top right to show military traffic. 

Take a look at Europe right now. You can usually see all the flights into eastern Poland bringing supplies and the recon flights along the border. 

https://globe.adsbexchange.com/

Screenshot_20220301-124130_Chrome.jpg

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Yeah, these sound like the big Hercules planes.    Sounds like it's two of them doing loops around the valley.   They are fairly common out here just not with the frequency they are coming at.

I know as the alert level increases, the AF puts more and more bombers in the air. At DEFCON2, I believe those bombers carry nuclear payloads. I hope we're not there. It's only happened twice, once during October '62 and the Cuban Missile Crisis and once on 9/11.

19 minutes ago, Hoth said:

I know as the alert level increases, the AF puts more and more bombers in the air. At DEFCON2, I believe those bombers carry nuclear payloads. I hope we're not there. It's only happened twice, once during October '62 and the Cuban Missile Crisis and once on 9/11.

Currently at Defcon 3 from what I could find.

1 hour ago, BrianW said:

I posted a few weeks ago about all the military traffic here along the shoreline. Blackhawks formations flying really low at weird times like at like 5 am. 

It looks like either a big training exercise or we are on high alert. Im going to guess its not training.  There are c-130s all over New England flying grids today and there is a Stratotanker going up and down the New England coast. 

You can track all the military traffic here when their transponders are on. Click U on the top right to show military traffic. 

Take a look at Europe right now. You can usually see all the flights into eastern Poland bringing supplies and the recon flights along the border. 

https://globe.adsbexchange.com/

Screenshot_20220301-124130_Chrome.jpg

Big fan of the C-130 Hercules call sign SKIER89 doing loops around ALB.

3 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

Meanwhile, I'm still masked up at work 8-9 hours a day with no end in site. Maybe I should just tell them I'm done doing it since I want my last hours before Putin nukes us to be mask free?

hasn't Mass dropped mandate?  I know businesses can do what they want, but c'mon, enough already.

4 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

Meanwhile, I'm still masked up at work 8-9 hours a day with no end in site. Maybe I should just tell them I'm done doing it since I want my last hours before Putin nukes us to be mask free?

WEEI was making fun of CDC protocol for bunkers that requested that people keep masks on and social distance....I shit you not.

Some of these idiots will be buried with the things.

• Like 1

Just now, Lava Rock said:

hasn't Mass dropped mandate?  I know businesses can do what they want, but c'mon, enough already.

From your mouth to my employers ear. We cant even wear cloth masks that are breathable. 3 ply surgical or N95/KN95 only. But we can congregate in the lunch room, eat 2 feet part, but damn well better put them back on when you go back to your desk at least 7-8 feet way from your co worker. 

• Confused 1