Total Members
    Most Online
    Michael Butler
    Newest Member
    Michael Butler
December 2021 Obs/Disco...Dreaming of a White-Weenie Xmas

40/70 Benchmark

5 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

That's a very Dorchester/Quincy thing to do. 

If there was ever another natural disaster, never take side roads home. All of the shortcuts you think you know, 50 other people know them.  Spent an hour in UMASS boston trying to cut off time from neponset circle down morrissey.  Morrissey

• Like 1

1 minute ago, amarshall said:

If there was ever another natural disaster, never take side roads home. All of the shortcuts you think you know, 50 other people know them.  Spent an hour in UMASS boston trying to cut off time from neponset circle down morrissey.  Morrissey

I learned that the hard way back in 2003. I took back roads home from Burlington through Cambridge onto the X way in Feb with a surprise snowstorm. That was about 5-6 hrs, coming home from UMass Lowell. Should have stayed on 128.

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

The longer range beyond looks even better too than the Pre-Xmas pattern. That has some higher end potential than just the SWFE pattern.

Early Jan absolutely has KU potential....it was one of the two periods that I specified, although I like early March better.

6 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

When will our fellow NNE brethren start fearing suppression?

Prob as soon as the -NAO shows up stronger on future runs. They'll whine their way to 50 inches in 3 weeks. Then they'll quickly forget it and irrationally fear the -NAO again next winter.

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

9 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Prob as soon as the -NAO shows up stronger on future runs. They'll whine their way to 50 inches in 3 weeks. Then they'll quickly forget it and irrationally fear the -NAO again next winter.

giphy3.gif

• Haha 3

35 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

maybe we could hold off on that for awhile?  Or make it a really slooooow process, once they have a big pack.  I'm happy to be in the middle.  Could be a good few weeks here.  I wouldn't think suppression would be a long-standing problem for us given a hopefully active northern stream.  I agree with Jeff that a couple dozen 3-6ers would be just fine.