• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
September Discussion Thread: Bring the frost; kill the bugs.

moneypitmike

1 hour ago, weathafella said:

It is but not for the reason you posted.  I remember autumns 60+ years ago that went deep with warmth and dews well past Columbus Day.

Yeah in talking about late frost/freezes in the NNE thread, I saw several 1970s years listed as record late 32s for some of the colder Adirondack and NE VT coop spots.  Definitely had to have some warmer autumns back then.  Didn't snow in October either and those 1970s winters were pretty big after warmth, ha.

• Like 1

What a special summer. 72 for the overnight low with some gusty dews coming in now. 

Strengthening southwesterly flow, and occasionally gusty along the coast, early this morning, was bringing in higher dew points. And temperatures have remained nearly steady.
Updated for current conditions and trend this morning.

37 minutes ago, BrianW said:

What a special summer. 72 for the overnight low with some gusty dews coming in now. 

Strengthening southwesterly flow, and occasionally gusty along the coast, early this morning, was bringing in higher dew points. And temperatures have remained nearly steady.

Glad we don't live there.

1 hour ago, BrianW said:

What a difference up here, 50 for the low, still chilly, 59 right now....

• Like 1

I really wish it were not just fantasy that there were an econ incentive that argues never allowing Tweets be allowed/posted.

But, unfortunately... that opposite must be the reality.

Can't these narcissists and their followers PLEASE keep their morning shit thoughts to themselves -

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Weather_or_Not said:

One of my favorite maps, I love how the blue/orange gradient is properly set as 60 DP, which is a great threshold. Looks like September will keep our record DP run going. 

6z GFS didn’t let yesterday’s 12z age well. Lots of low dews in the extended. Kinda surprised DIT posted a tweet referencing a long range GFS op run.