• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
IDA remnants-Moderate to isolated Major Impact (esp NJ-LI), general storm total 2-8" rainfall Wednesday-Thursday September 1-2 2021

wdrag

Just now, NJwx85 said:

Someone within 50 miles of NYC could see 10" of rain in a 12 hour period or less.

The bust calls are annoying and clog up the thread.

Thanks in advance to the moderators working hard to keep things on topic.

It's the same people who were saying Floyd was a nonevent, meanwhile people were having to be rescued from the rooftops of their houses in NJ

33 minutes ago, Intensewind002 said:

It looks like I might see more rain here in albany than back at home on long island. I haven’t really been tracking ida since landfall so i honestly didn’t realize the heavy had trended north

Rain has moved in to the south shore of Nassau County.  It was actually raining pretty hard about 15 min ago

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LibertyBell said:

That's an interesting region for that to happen....Don, think that corrects further north where the higher peaks are?  I'm thinking from around Hazleton to Mt Pocono.

The hills south of Allentown top out between 800-1000', compared to the 250-350' elevation of the valley below. They aren't insignificant.

17 minutes ago, LibertyBell said:

it's not like this storm is moving into the Great Lakes though, this is a pretty good storm track for us

It’s really about the rain over S PA now-how intact it is when it makes it to our region and whether it heads more ENE or NE. If more NE then the heaviest rain stays over CT and Hudson Valley. If it’s more easterly and the warm front can’t push as far, we all get drenched.