Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Tropical Storm Henri

wxeyeNH

6 minutes ago, 78Blizzard said:

12z HWRF has a cat 3-4 about 300 mi south of the cape @ hr 90 but which then rapidly weakens before coming ashore in LI and CT.  The HMON has a very weak TS or even a depression @hr 90.  Quite a variance in those two hurricane models.

18z HMON is starting to come out. Already looks stronger so far than the 12z, which really isn’t that surprising. 

4 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Why not start first calling snow fall amounts at 5 days this winter? You’ve got us all safe for cane Henri. Let’s do it in winter! Thanks!

Not understanding but ok. Kind of a whole different Meteorological setup between snow amounts and a tropical system.  Sorry I didn't say what you wanted to hear.

Not really much upper level support to keep Henri strong once it crosses into cooler water. Not near the entrance region of a strong jet, at least not that I saw. Therefore, it would need to make a fast approach and I'm not seeing any indication that's on the table here. Could be a flooding threat though.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Not understanding but ok. Kind of a whole different Meteorological setup between snow amounts and a tropical system.  Sorry I didn't say what you wanted to hear.

It was in response to your 18z gfs post which was directed at me. All options are on table. From NJ hit to OTS. Great thread here 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, 78Blizzard said:

12z HWRF has a cat 3-4 about 300 mi south of the cape @ hr 90 but which then rapidly weakens before coming ashore in LI and CT.  The HMON has a very weak TS or even a depression @hr 90.  Quite a variance in those two hurricane models.

No consistency in these hurricane models.  The 18z HMON now has a cat 1 @ hr 84 and is further northeast and will pass just E of ACK as a weaker TS.  The 18z HWRF is now a much weaker system and is a strong TS @ hr 84.

3 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

How much did tamarack measure in that one 

Even farther north in Maine, the snowstorm's effects remained disastrous; following its passage, a 60 acres (240,000 m2) timber lot at Thomaston was nearly entirely uprooted, clearing a massive forested area and making towns from great distances away, previously obstructed, suddenly visible.[19] The effect of the storm was so pronounced that, according to Sidney Perley, "people felt as if they were in a strange place".[27] The storm was particularly severe on the Atlantic coast, especially in Kennebec, Wiscaset, Berwick, Kittery, and York, causing moderate destruction and killing several cattle. However, at Portland, the hurricane was less severe and its impact was minimal.[2]

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, PowderBeard said:

Even farther north in Maine, the snowstorm's effects remained disastrous; following its passage, a 60 acres (240,000 m2) timber lot at Thomaston was nearly entirely uprooted, clearing a massive forested area and making towns from great distances away, previously obstructed, suddenly visible.[19] The effect of the storm was so pronounced that, according to Sidney Perley, "people felt as if they were in a strange place".[27] The storm was particularly severe on the Atlantic coast, especially in Kennebec, Wiscaset, Berwick, Kittery, and York, causing moderate destruction and killing several cattle. However, at Portland, the hurricane was less severe and its impact was minimal.[2]

I understand that the snow in northern Maine remained on the ground until the following Spring.

4 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

18z EPS was the most west run yet. Can't get a zoomed in version to see the members but some strong members are in there too. 

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611135475d1ce2163efe7

I'm glad we got a chance to dry out the last few weeks. Probably some major flooding in the river valley with a bunch of those members.

In honor of James I gatta throw in the Gulf Stream comment. SST’s are rocking off the east coast. Henri is going to hit those waters and be primed for intensification. Miss your forum presence Jimmy! Maybe Henri is headed straight to harwich cape cod mass! 

• Like 10

• dendrite changed the title to Tropical Storm Henri
  • dendrite unpinned this topic