Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Tropical Storm Henri

wxeyeNH

6 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Erosion would be the least of your concerns in some of these solutions.

Ya - was just going by the current mean which seems to be near/east..but not west of the Cape. A storm like this could destroy the boardwalk, which is already in pretty bad condition. 

On second thought, demolition of it has been approved so maybe this will save them some work :D

https://www.capecodtimes.com/story/news/2021/07/16/sandwich-boardwalk-ma-demolished-new-boardwalk-meet-ada-access-requirements-federal-flood-code/7939097002/

4 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

That EPS graphic is awesome. Pretty easy to see where the ones that go a hair to the WSW go. They are also stronger.

I'm starting to hedge towards a a more western track that bends towards the cape late in the game and decelerates before drifting away.....would devastate cape cpd.

• Like 2

I'm going to wager that we probably see a consensus from the GEFS start to shift east and this is purely based on the intensity guidance (which I'm not going to take at 100% face value) but there is pretty strong consensus of peak intensity with only a few members going into cat 2/borderline cat 3 strength. However, there is a bit of a spread as to how strong of a cat 1 this could get. 

08L_intensity_latest.png

Just now, WxWatcher007 said:

After this morning in CT, I'm more concerned than I was yesterday about hydro impacts. We don't need a direct hit to see significant flash flooding issues. 

Yes...I am quite concerned about this here. I'm not concerned about winds...though a prolonged period of even 30-40 mph or 40-50 mph gusts would be quite problematic. 

• Like 1

• dendrite changed the title to Tropical Storm Henri
  • dendrite unpinned this topic