Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Tropical Storm Henri

wxeyeNH

51 minutes ago, Hoth said:

I'm glad we got a chance to dry out the last few weeks. Probably some major flooding in the river valley with a bunch of those members.

Me too. I'm not sure I buy the crawler solutions, but I definitely have some flooding concerns should this track closer to our neck of the woods, especially in eastern CT. 

42 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

I can see the northerly shear sort of smushing the NW portion of Henry . Last few frames 

He may have a bit of a battle next 18 hours 

It's running south of the kill zone, but yeah, the next 24 hours or so will be critical in determining the ceiling for Henri. If it can maintain some semblance of a core when it gets to the other side of the ridge and a more favorable environment, it bodes well for significant intensification. It's actually a bit impressive to me that it has held strong so far given the shear it has faced. 

ke2VHHF.gif

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Me too. I'm not sure I buy the crawler solutions, but I definitely have some flooding concerns should this track closer to our neck of the woods, especially in eastern CT. 

It's running south of the kill zone, but yeah, the next 24 hours or so will be critical in determining the ceiling for Henri. If it can maintain some semblance of a core when it gets to the other side of the ridge and a more favorable environment, it bodes well for significant intensification. It's actually a bit impressive to me that it has held strong so far given the shear it has faced. 

ke2VHHF.gif

Environment wasn’t nearly as hostile earlier. This will be the true test (assuming I am reading the prior frames of the wind shear map correctly)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sn0waddict said:

Environment wasn’t nearly as hostile earlier. This will be the true test (assuming I am reading the prior frames of the wind shear map correctly)

Oh this is definitely more hostile, but 15-18kts of shear is nothing to sneeze at for a small developing system.

*cough* Grace *cough*

I may or may not have disdain for that TC :lol: 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, bristolri_wx said:

2 minutes ago, bristolri_wx said:

The only thing you can really gather from the NAM at this range is that it looks like there's a good chance for it to strengthen significantly over the next 48 hours.  After that it could be pure fiction.

Strengthening is key for the western solutions so def good to see 

• dendrite changed the title to Tropical Storm Henri
  • dendrite unpinned this topic