SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
July 2021 Discussion

moneypitmike

39 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Looks like 18z runs keep the sfc warm front pretty far SW

...while height rises and surpasses 594 dam thru and over the boundary -

this physics of this ordeal are whack - I mean the Euro seems to have completely decoupled anything below the 800 mb level from above - two distinct atmospheres behaving with entirely different synoptic forcing.   Never seen that - ..not just the Euro either.  

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

...while height rises and surpasses 594 dam thru and over the boundary -

this physics of this ordeal are whack - I mean the Euro seems to have completely decoupled anything below the 800 mb level from above - two distinct atmospheres behaving with entirely different synoptic forcing.   Never seen that - ..not just the Euro either.  

Isn't it pretty crazy lol. When I was looking at this week Friday I saw the 594+ heights building West from the Atlantic and was expecting maybe we would be looking at a week characterized by temperatures in the 93-97 range...but alas not the case. Just so much going on in the lower atmosphere. 

I think the situation would be different though if these 594+ heights were building in from the West or Southwest...then we would probably get the 20-22C+ 850 air in here. 

46 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

BOX hitting severe pretty hard tomorrow 

They have like one sentence on it and it says localized damaging wind gusts

4 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Isn't it pretty crazy lol. When I was looking at this week Friday I saw the 594+ heights building West from the Atlantic and was expecting maybe we would be looking at a week characterized by temperatures in the 93-97 range...but alas not the case. Just so much going on in the lower atmosphere. 

I think the situation would be different though if these 594+ heights were building in from the West or Southwest...then we would probably get the 20-22C+ 850 air in here. 

They have like one sentence on it and it says localized damaging wind gusts

Wednesday-Friday are 90+

• Haha 1
  • Weenie 2

37 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Pike south Thursday and beyond are locks at place like IJD, BDL, . Wed is possible. You to Tip may stay 80’s. The biggest story though is more rain and storms possible everyday and unrelenting dews 

You've given up on the heatwave?

The heat out west is a climate event –

a single heat wave of staggering proportions is head scratching enough but this is become an aggregate scenario. - people really need to appreciate the significance of what this is

- also I’m starting to suspect even the 134° death Valley temperature back in 1917 or whenever that was might also be suspect. Because we have now registered the two warmest lows in the US history just since 2012 so where are the daytime highs ?

I don’t find it likely that those events were cooler than back then went back then is not boasting the Nocturnals. It’s just a hunch

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

The heat out west is a climate event –

a single heat wave of staggering proportions is head scratching enough but this is become an aggregate scenario. - people really need to appreciate the significance of what this is

- also I’m starting to suspect even the 134° death Valley temperature back in 1917 or whenever that was might also be suspect. Because we have now registered the two warmest lows in the US history just since 2012 so where are the daytime highs ?

I don’t find it likely that those events were cooler than back then went back then is not boasting the Nocturnals. It’s just a hunch

It's defintley been questioned... 

https://www.wunderground.com/blog/weatherhistorian/an-investigation-of-death-valleys-134f-world-temperature-record.html

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

It’s great if you’re a mushroom farmer haha. I love the water for my yard, but let’s spread it out a bit. I suppose I should not complain since I ask for this every year.

Haha you guys do ask for copious rain every summer.  Been several summers in a row where it seems the overall tenor of the discussion is "bring rain...please more rain...maybe we have a shot at some downpours coming up."  Or the "any rain this summer has been convective, it doesn't even get to soak in. Hit or miss rain sucks."

Mother Nature loves her averages, the water was bound to come.  Memories of those 10-15" water months that seemed to happen from time to time in New England from like 2000 through 2014 occasionally for different areas.

Another dry day up here of course.  Sunday Farmers Market had hundreds of people it seemed and the Rec Path out front seemed like I-93 in Mass with bikes.  Folks seem to enjoy the dry when on vaca.

Picked up another .25” past two hours.  

Everything is so saturated right now and the woods are jungle like with lush undergrowth and swarming, flying insects. 

Not really my type of summer but still trying to enjoy it.  We pretty much had the beach at Lake Wyola to ourselves today.  

0CDED261-619B-45B5-A0BB-FCE47598C5CF.thumb.jpeg.4d33e5992190c9ed5489e7f1d7e02871.jpeg

• Like 2