Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June, 2021 Discussion

Typhoon Tip

14 hours ago, weatherwiz said:

Watch line go through CT lol. Horrifically threw my back out earlier picking something up. Worst I’ve ever done it. Barely got myself to my bed then took me 3 hours to be able to get back up. This means line will be severe here b/c I can’t get to the airport :( :( 

Hope it's a spasm rather than a disk - initial pain probably similar but far briefer consequences.  I've only had the former but my first one - age 34 and after a month in a walking cast thanks to the woods wreck (pickup vs. log truck, predictable results.)  Probably the worst pain of my life.  Next morning I spent about 15 minutes traveling the 20' to the commode, 3 or more firm points of contact at all times, in terror from the possibility of an unexpected move.  Because it was muscles only, the pain was becoming significantly less by Sunday PM (spasm hit Friday PM) and was essentially gone by Tuesday.  Subsequent spasms were less acute but lasted longer.

I spent about 45 minutes working on a project in the garage earlier this morning..  It was probably 75-78 degrees here and I was dripping with sweat when I came inside.  We better get some wall-shaking thunder this afternoon to make up for these dews.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dendrite said:

Yup. Stratus was dry too. Just a little wetness on the truck. I watched it collapse right before falling asleep. 

Same here....tornado warning for Westchester County last night, fizzled to nothing here.

Hope to get something here today.

3 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

Might be a cell or two that packs a punch today in ern CT into SE MA. Will need some heating, but something to watch. 

Front's limping through Ayer ( for reference ..) as I'm typing.

We have dark bases in a general over-cast, humid still but underbelly skud tendrils are moving ESE while everything else above is still SW, so it gives the allusion of a drift undercutting.

It's not a lot of momentum on this thing at the moment.

Be that as it may, WPC is also analyzing the front right over us here in western Middlesex, and it slopes down to eastern CT.  It seems to be out ahead of satellte baroclinic banding/leaf, ...almost smacks as an ana cloud deck.  interesting.   Not sure but this seems to be doing everything it physically can to make sure your bold can't happen LOL

No one asked but tomorrow is going to be about 74 with 1,000 mi visibility in an atmosphere of unknowable RH - that's like a +7 SD 'good' day.  The exceptionally rare 11 in the  1 to 10 scale

1 hour ago, dendrite said:

Euro was kind of alone yesterday with the +RA, but I took a quick peek at the 3k and it was a nice soaking. Guess we’ll see. 

I stayed up last night wondering if the line would give me anything.  Models were about right.   Got .13"   Looks like todays rain is further NW than forecasted.  I'm at .05" so far with this mornings rain.  

22 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

I stayed up last night wondering if the line would give me anything.  Models were about right.   Got .13"   Looks like todays rain is further NW than forecasted.  I'm at .05" so far with this mornings rain.  

Yeah we rain now. Just started and 0.02” and steady moderate. 

Down to a refreshing 63.6°

20 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

61/54 at MVL with windows closing and hoodies on…. Yesterday it was 88/70.

What a change.  From Caribbean feeling air to Canadian feeling air.  Somewhere between the two would be nice.

Tomorrow's a gem... lingers some the next day.. then, 'don't get use to it' cliche hugely apropos.

Euro and EPS mean/blend ( but admittedly the oper. version is maybe 10% more amplified as is typically a flat error potential ) essentially illustrate 6 straight days of 74 to 94 up your way ( 74 being Mt bird poop and 94 in the valleys' ) with 60 to 76 DP until the end of the run.

The GFS, while eager as usual to break it down/start to by D8.5...does have 3 days of it too.

Heat wave's a -brewin'  How big it gets probably is shadowed by Oregon to N. California's melting off the face of the Earth headline that seems inescapable in the guidance too. 

I just wonder if this is going to go down as some kind of hottest summer ever.  I mean, June at the climo sights down here ... assuming a Euro solution, appear destined to end +5 .. +7 ... That's a huuuge number for a solar max month frankly.  I mean, it's easier to rack up that kind of numeric in February, because the stasis has more room in the upward direction - but in June?   Tell you what - you ( proverbial you... not you personally) don't want +10 out of July.  Trust me - that might represent a problem.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Tomorrow's a gem... lingers some the next day.. then, 'don't get use to it' cliche hugely apropos.

Euro and EPS mean/blend ( but admittedly the oper. version is maybe 10% more amplified as is typically a flat error potential ) essentially illustrate 6 straight days of 74 to 94 up your way ( 74 being Mt bird poop and 94 in the valleys' ) with 60 to 76 DP until the end of the run.

The GFS, while eager as usual to break it down/start to by D8.5...does have 3 days of it too.

Heat wave's a -brewin'  How big it gets probably is shadowed by Oregon to N. California's melting off the face of the Earth headline that seems inescapable in the guidance too. 

I just wonder if this is going to go down as some kind of hottest summer ever.  I mean, June at the climo sights down here ... assuming a Euro solution, appear destined to end +5 .. +7 ... That's a huuuge number for a solar max month frankly.  I mean, it's easier to rack up that kind of numeric in February, because the stasis has more room in the upward direction - but in June?   Tell you what - you ( proverbial you... not you personally) don't want +10 out of July.  Trust me - that might represent a problem.

Yeah that bolder doesn’t sound too fun :lol:.  Those type of things though have been happening more often… for a while like a decade ago, 90F was like a big deal here.  Now we string 6 of them together in a row like last year.

6 minutes ago, Cyclone-68 said:

Nice line of t storms out over the water south of LI. Would be nice if that were to make it up into SE MA at least 

Yeah...maybe Martha's Vineyard can get a tornado ... bein' it's far more intuitively plausible that location would over anywhere on the mainland of New England :arrowhead:

Seems like the last 3 years has been a weird Cape Cod/Island micro-alley

• Haha 2