Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June, 2021 Discussion

Typhoon Tip

Oh m g at the 12z Euro. it's almost comically hot -

I mean, jesus.  D4 to 10 is interminably unending, everywhere, along and S of the 50th parallel across North America, thru D10 and seemingly beyond ...

I'm actually toasting my bun visions over the western grill at that look.  I think coastal locations have been dodging the acetylene torch.  Modest yet critical shallow marine climo flow won that battle on this last week's headline event, but this appears now to be a seasonal problem - I think Weatherwiz was wondering about that a while ago? 

Anyway, that heat this next week is precarious yet again, and every bit as extremes. In fact, it is further N to include more the whole west if anything.   Plus, the deep layer non-geostrophic heights/ridging being also slightly N of climo is setting up a weirdly easterly - albeit light flow, still easterly - anomaly underneath the ridge node toward La and Frisco.   I can't imagine if that were ever enough to take that Central Valley air mass and send over the coastal ranges down into those urban areas.  Bay Area canal winds might collapse and my f god they'd just up and spontaneously combust if that happened.

I don't think it ever has quite that way - I'm a reasonably talented Sci Fi author - lol...  seriously though, it seems just looking at these charts and means like the synoptics are trying for something extraordinary.   Not that the heat the rest of the area has experienced isn't already,  but it looks like the mechanism that keep the cool pacific boundary layer ventilation moving in so that civility can even exist there ... could be at risk of shutting down or even reversing in that D5-9 window.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

wow, not sure how to handle the 0.06"

90 minutes of occasional dripping (not dz) so far, adding up to "T".  Missed out completely last evening as well, only the unforecast "Little Shower That Could" yesterday morning has averted a total failure so far.  GFS has about 1/2" between now and 03z for both AUG and RUM.  Seeing would be believing; radar seems to shred a bit as it approaches here.