• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June, 2021 Discussion

Typhoon Tip

Looks like BTV at least tied a record high, Plattsburgh, NY set a new record though.

Montpelier/MPV had a very vulnerable record of 85F today and they got that solidly with at least 88F.  Tomorrow's record is 89F and they may get that too but not nearly as vulnerable.

3 hours ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

89F for my high on my cheap thermometer. Car thermometer was bouncing between 91 and 93 in the area though.  

Monday and Tuesday will be absolutely wretched at work. No AC. Poor ventilation and masks.        Pray for me

Wilmington is going a half day tomorrow due to the heat. 

13 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Yesterday and today felt good. Kids running around with water activities, they had a blast...while dad played hoops and broke some ankles like it was 1999. Unfortunately sustained summer ain’t happening until late June as the stubborn coc returns.

Awt. Brief mild up and then back to the chamber we go.

40 minutes ago, kdxken said:

80/62 Beautiful evening! In all seriousness this is been a unremarkable heatwave.

The heat wave is supposed to max tomorrow thru Wed?

It was brutal in this town at 94 and upright unrelenting sun, today  

But this is missing DPs so far. Typical heat waves arriving up here are thicker in that regard. We may dodge the soup factor unsure

Low 70s now, but it is muggy.  Summer weather for sure, though acceptable now with fans.  A/C off and doors open.  I hate having it all locked up, love the fresh cooler night air flowing in even if it's more humid than refrigerant-cooled air.

Montpelier and Burlington ASOS stations still in the 80s though after 9pm.  Any mixing at all and it's very warm outside.  Need to keep this stable cooler air in the valley bottom.  If it mixes out, we'll go back up to 80F instead of the 70-73F local stations.

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

Looks like BTV at least tied a record high, Plattsburgh, NY set a new record though.

Montpelier/MPV had a very vulnerable record of 85F today and they got that solidly with at least 88F.  Tomorrow's record is 89F and they may get that too but not nearly as vulnerable.

88.5° at my house for the high. 

16 minutes ago, mreaves said:

88.5° at my house for the high. 

With the 00z official highs in, it seems the northern VT/NH ASOS stations of MVL, MPV, BML, HIE all had highs of 90F.

BTV with 95F.  That's hot.  Looks like IZG in Maine also hit 95F.

Relative to normal, it's over-the-top anomalies type air mass.  Just as hot in SNE, but NNE is trying to match it.  Forum wide torch.

18 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

With the 00z official highs in, it seems the northern VT/NH ASOS stations of MVL, MPV, BML, HIE all had highs of 90F.

BTV with 95F.  That's hot.  Looks like IZG in Maine also hit 95F.

Relative to normal, it's over-the-top anomalies type air mass.  Just as hot in SNE, but NNE is trying to match it.  Forum wide torch.

Yeah that engulfing pan-dimensional aspect began to look that way mid last week. Testament/owing to the spatial anomaly which the EPS and GEFs expanded as we neared. 

Scorcha today tomorrow, after a full weekend of kids and family chillin  grillin and poolin it will be nice to chillax at the pool alone. Epic water fights yesterday resulted in a Grandparents victory. So much fun and a totally needed for everyone party atmosphere. Kids have been through so much it was nice to see them release.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, dendrite said:

That’s a good 5° too high for your area…may wanna get a fan for that sensor or some better shielding. What are you using for a reading? 

92.7  here, the in the sun 2 cheapo t stats stayed near 100 all afternoon.  Felt it for sure. 

Screenshot_20210607-060600_Chrome.jpg

68/62

Today is looking nasty.

Expecting the warmest day in this stretch of the heat wave for many
locations across southern New England. Aloft have WSW flow bringing
in 23-25 degree Celsius air at 925 hPa! Expecting the mid to high
cloud cover to not move in until late in the day, so have once again
gone with the 90th percentile of guidance for high temperatures
today. 

40 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Kevin is on Twitter calling for a torch next week. Lol Its that time of year for his annual vacation from AMWX so I thought would keep the forum updated on his progs

It’s been tough sledding spinning the weather here so he’ll try to spin it on the spin eligible SM platforms instead.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, kdxken said:

68/62

Today is looking nasty.

Expecting the warmest day in this stretch of the heat wave for many
locations across southern New England. Aloft have WSW flow bringing
in 23-25 degree Celsius air at 925 hPa! Expecting the mid to high
cloud cover to not move in until late in the day, so have once again
gone with the 90th percentile of guidance for high temperatures
today. 

Must be over the top warmth then because OKX has us here in the upper 80s only. 

30 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Must be over the top warmth then because OKX has us here in the upper 80s only. 

91⁰ and 93.4⁰ the past two days....this morning was the warmest of the past 3, so I could see it pushing well into the 90s today regardless of what OKX is forecasting

1 hour ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

A number of school districts around me are having early dismissal including my daughter’s (1 hour)

Not my wife’s or mine.  The crayons will be melting (not kidding) in the room across the hallway

Early dismissal in Greenfield.  No a/c plus masks is no bueno for the kids or teachers. 

59 minutes ago, Spanks45 said:

91⁰ and 93.4⁰ the past two days....this morning was the warmest of the past 3, so I could see it pushing well into the 90s today regardless of what OKX is forecasting

Yea. They have increasing clouds and chance of storms a little too early which is why they may have capped the high below 90. I think we will get into the low 90s but I’ll bet the under on 93.4.