Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Spring/Summer 2021 Banter/Complaint Thread

madwx

14 hours ago, Hoosier said:

Airmass aloft tonight is not quite as cold as last night, so that seems like a pretty reasonable call.

Not completely out of the question that it manages to dip to freezing around here (we are only starting off in the upper 40s and should have some hours of prime radiational cooling conditions) but I'd give it maybe a 20-30% chance.

Actually got my first frost of this cool snap last night. Odd as my area tends to be one of the cooler areas locally. 

3 hours ago, cyclone77 said:

Ma nature's gonna make up for it by a single 150-170mph derecho somewhere in the sub in July or August.

...and there will be one run of one CAM that will show it the night before, and SPC will have a Marginal or at most Slight risk on the initial Day 1 outlook covering the soon-to-be devastated area.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, hawkeye_wx said:

Here's a graphic of Des Moines area severe warnings through early May, going back to 1986.  The last three years are all at the bottom, with 2021 being the worst with only three warnings.  The last three years, combined, would be the eighth lowest on this list.  That's how bad it has been recently.

1492354802_ScreenShot2021-05-12at4_42_08AM.thumb.png.87287a2c7ece976a7e04fba0ed7e3ad9.png

Is there a way to do those plots for a whole season or year?

20 hours ago, hawkeye_wx said:

plot:line::opt:wfo::network:WFO::station

Here's the link to the page where you can change the NWS office and other details.

https://mesonet.agron.iastate.edu/plotting/auto/?q=44

NWS CLE sitting nicely at 0 SVR/TOR warnings this year so far with no sign of any major storm threats through the end of next week. This has honestly been one of the least exciting stretches of spring I can recall. At least it is finally starting to warm up to more seasonable levels.

plot_line__opt_wfo__network_WFO__station_CLE__state_OH__limit_yes__c_svrtor__phenomena_TO__significance_W__syear_1986__eyear_2021__dpi_100.png

• Sad 2

Spent the past 8 days helping guide a chase tour. We unfortunately didn’t get a tornado, but had high quality storms most days...Chasing anywhere from near the Mexico border to Nebraska.

If anyone has ever pondered heading out on one of these tours, do it. It’s one of the best experiences you’ll have...Not only because of the chasing, but because of the people you meet on the tour and along the way, and places you visit along the way.

I’ll throw some pictures up later.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, IWXwx said:

His last post was on Christmas day.

I could be wrong. But I don't think he was a big fan of one of our non-weather threads. But his weather site still seems to be on going...so hopefully all is well. And hopefully just took his wares elsewhere....

• Like 1