Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Spring Banter

Baroclinic Zone

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

I mean that heart stuff happened to a lot of people who got COVID.  Isn’t the vaccine like a watered down version?  I’d assume some of the side effects are identical to the virus... doesn’t seem that shocking but maybe I don’t understand vaccines as well.

The Pfizer and Moderna vaccines are mRNA not dead/neutered virus, to create antibodies without exposure to C-19.  I think J&J is a more old-style vaccine but that's somewhat a guess - once I got the Moderna my interest in J&J dropped precipitously.

17 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Just FYI, China is not really a threat. They are just the latest fear bogeyman being used by the government now that the Muslim terrorism fear that has carried us since the 1990s has petered out.

The real enemy is the tiny elite that controls over 50% of wealth worldwide and wields enormous power over governments and militaries.

China just very aggressively wants to "do business" with the world and have their status as a great power recognized. They have zero interest in starting a war with their best trading partners. The modern history of China is a series of humiliations forced on them by other world powers; you need to grasp that history to understand why they seem paranoid and aggressive sometimes.

If the common man wants to get fired up and take the fight to the enemy, he should get a mob together and visit people like Bezos, Zuckerberg, Dorsey, the banking families, and various politicians. That's a good start.

Ya i understand where your coming from with all that. But being secretive everytime you have a SARS outbreak isnt helping the world.

50 minutes ago, amarshall said:

Is it me or does pine pollen last longer than normal.  Since we've been in our house we used to have a 3-5 day pine pollen season.  Now it's 1-2 weeks. Sheets and sheets every day for weeks on end.   Is there scientifically any variability in this? 

I think it's the lack of rain more than anything else driving this....

2 hours ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

The CDC has yet to determine if the vaccines were the cause of the reported heart condition.

“What’s important to know and to recognize is that the rates that we’re seeing of myocarditis are no higher than what we would experience normally,” Dr. Ted O’Connell told NBC San Diego. “So, we don’t know if it’s associated with the vaccine or not.”

Hard to believe 18 kids in all of CT got myo on their own and coincidentally all had the vaccine. CDC is a joke

6 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Hard to believe 18 kids in all of CT got myo on their own and coincidentally all had the vaccine. CDC is a joke

Kinda like "you dont need to wear a mask it spreads fear".

2 days later

"Everyone needa to wear a mask"

1 hour ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

It amazes me how people are so afraid of the side effects of a vaccine, rather than the Long term complications from a virus we know very little about.

1 hour ago, SJonesWX said:

screaming this from the rooftops. 

it may have NOTHING to do with the vaccine. the money line is the part that the rates are no higher than normal. Ridiculous click-bait headline and article, yet again.

I got the vaccine a few weeks ago. the very next day, I had a hangover. the headline: Local man hungover after being vaccinated.

part of the problem is that people only read/see the headline, exp. on social media. most humans are too lazy to read the whole thing.

34 minutes ago, Brian5671 said:

I know right??!?!  This is not that difficult of a decision-the effects of the virus are way worse....the vax was not all that rushed out-it was developed after the SARS outbreak in 2003 so it's been in the works for 17-18 yrs

We are talking about kids. Perhaps you didn't read past the scare headlines and dig into the data about how minute the effects from Covid are on kids. Getting natural immunity seems to me a better alternative for kids than a short lived shot. Again 18 kids in the tiny state of CT is a big deal

• Like 2
  • Weenie 2

8 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

We are talking about kids. Perhaps you didn't read past the scare headlines and dig into the data about how minute the effects from Covid are on kids. Getting natural immunity seems to me a better alternative for kids than a short lived shot. Again 18 kids in the tiny state of CT is a big deal

We are bankrupting our self for the next two years sending our kids to a private school. Hopefully can avoid the masks and vaccine issues.  That is not the main reason we are doing it but it’s a nice side benefit.  My kid is otherwise up-to-date on all his vaccinations I’m just not letting him get some thing that is still in phase 3 trials with no accountability from the companies producing it.

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Just FYI, China is not really a threat. They are just the latest fear bogeyman being used by the government now that the Muslim terrorism fear that has carried us since the 1990s has petered out.

The real enemy is the tiny elite that controls over 50% of wealth worldwide and wields enormous power over governments and militaries.

China just very aggressively wants to "do business" with the world and have their status as a great power recognized. They have zero interest in starting a war with their best trading partners. The modern history of China is a series of humiliations forced on them by other world powers; you need to grasp that history to understand why they seem paranoid and aggressive sometimes.

If the common man wants to get fired up and take the fight to the enemy, he should get a mob together and visit people like Bezos, Zuckerberg, Dorsey, the banking families, and various politicians. That's a good start.

Mmm... not as in, 'coming down the proverbial street toward America' no -

But they are also biding time while maintaining an impression of global involvement, while coveting [ most likely ... ] partisan and non-cooperative intent - don't kid our selves. There is a history of that form of deception from those cultural heritages over there. 

That's not a problem ...for now.   But their pattern of other observed behavior is suggestive of exclusionary policies toward the world.  You know? building man-made islands that potentially serve as strategic pinch points in Military and/or international trade route contentions that are easy geodesic predictions. Nor is launching missiles recently that targeted, successfully, and destroyed, ( first time successfully by the way - ) their own communication satellite as a [ don't kid ourselves ] bicep demo for the rest of the techno-spoken world. It's like ... we need to play, but we know this game can't last forever, either - then what?  Those activities are hard to explain otherwise.

They smack as preemptive, self preservationist tactics ...in a world of increasing scarcity, that give them credit - they are planning for long before the convenience and presumptive West really seems to be taking seriously enough. 

I dunno.. with their particular resume of humanitarianism, historically ... it is not a giant leap to see them being blithely resolved, disconnected and detached, while sitting upon probably the last bastion of raw resources and know that the 6 billion people not a part of Chinese sovereignty...will come calling when the non-sustainability of the global population as a dilemma becomes an acute problem for the world. 

It's a tougher individual decision on whether to get your kid vaccinated, BUT generally speaking, the more you let the virus run around, the more likely it is to get a new variant that really poses a problem to the current vaccines.  Biologically, is there any reason to think that a troublesome variant would be less likely to arise from a child?

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

And by doing that it causes a very similar type of side effects?  I always thought it was sort of like getting a synthetic virus vs. the real thing, ha.  I guess if it elicits a similar immune reaction it makes sense that the side effects will be similar to the actual virus.

The immune response to the protein not being self is what causes causes the side effect (i.e. fever, chills, etc). Not clear where the myocarditis is coming from. But don't assume because covid can cause myocarditis that any vaccine induced myocarditis has the same mechanism. Lots of complicated biology going on. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My wife got the Johnson vaccine which I might also get eventually.
Believe it or not, somebody gave us shit for getting the J&J because they said we are more likely to produce a breakthrough mutation with that vaccine. Lol

what type of nonsense is that? I asked them to get back to me with the science on that one.

• Like 1

screaming this from the rooftops. 

it may have NOTHING to do with the vaccine. the money line is the part that the rates are no higher than normal. Ridiculous click-bait headline and article, yet again.

I got the vaccine a few weeks ago. the very next day, I had a hangover. the headline: Local man hungover after being vaccinated.

There are 18 cases in CT alone. That's potentially more than background. You wont find many more pro vax than me. But this makes me pause. Not for adults since this would have shown up by now. But for kids, I'll have to look at more data before I let mine get it. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

It's a tougher individual decision on whether to get your kid vaccinated, BUT generally speaking, the more you let the virus run around, the more likely it is to get a new variant that really poses a problem to the current vaccines.  Biologically, is there any reason to think that a troublesome variant would be less likely to arise from a child?

There are broad swaths of the world where almost no one is vaccinated. I see that as the greater source of any variants. We can’t keep them all out of the country forever (that would be “xenophobic” of us). Injecting toddlers with experimental gene therapy over the bogeyman of variants of a virus that barely affects them is gross. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Any idea how many in that age group received a vaccine in CT?  I don't have a clue how common that condition occurs.  In the Pfizer study of teens I don't think that condition was cited as a possible side effect.

Bears watching for sure, but it could be noise/coincidence at this point       Numbers/stats need to be analyzed 

Just now, PhineasC said:

There are broad swaths of the world where almost no one is vaccinated. I see that as the greater source of any variants. We can’t keep them all out of the country forever (that would be “xenophobic” of us). Injecting toddlers with experimental gene therapy over the bogeyman of variants of a virus that barely affects them is gross. 

.You might be anti-vax with this particular one for a variety of reasons, but it ain't gene therapy. 

2 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Any idea how many in that age group received a vaccine in CT?  I don't have a clue how common that condition occurs.  In the Pfizer study of teens I don't think that condition was cited as a possible side effect.

Bears watching for sure, but it could be noise/coincidence at this point       Numbers/stats need to be analyzed 

That's why I'm going to old off on my son. See what happens. But like Ginx said, the CDC at this point is a joke. Their messaging is atrocious 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Agree with that, but doesn't mean it can't originate here.  I do wonder if it could be less likely to have a variant develop in a kid.  I read something a while back that suggested a variant is more likely to develop in someone who has an immune disorder of some kind.

43 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

.You might be anti-vax with this particular one for a variety of reasons, but it ain't gene therapy. 

Sorry, but this paper disagrees. Says very clearly mRNA vaccines are a form of gene therapy.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7076378/

meh, looks like Europe considers mRNA vaccines directed at tumors to be gene therapy but those directed at infectious disease are not. I think any therapy that involves injecting genetic material into the cells for some purpose to be gene therapy, but clearly that is a scary term for people out there based on what I have been reading online. I don’t care if it is considered gene therapy or not. I didn’t use that term to denote extra scariness. 

38 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

The immune response to the protein not being self is what causes causes the side effect (i.e. fever, chills, etc). Not clear where the myocarditis is coming from. But don't assume because covid can cause myocarditis that any vaccine induced myocarditis has the same mechanism. Lots of complicated biology going on. 

Thank you sir.  I was drawing the conclusion that they both caused the same side effects for the same reason.

badass-quotes-by-dr-house-980x457-148674

37 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

Agree with that, but doesn't mean it can't originate here.  I do wonder if it could be less likely to have a variant develop in a kid.  I read something a while back that suggested a variant is more likely to develop in someone who has an immune disorder of some kind.

Don’t Covid viruses mutate every 24 hours?

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

There are 18 cases in CT alone. That's potentially more than background. You wont find many more pro vax than me. But this makes me pause. Not for adults since this would have shown up by now. But for kids, I'll have to look at more data before I let mine get it. 

oh i agree, but is it known that the vaccine caused the myo? Or did these kids have pre-existing conditions? or maybe they had the myo prior, and it was not known about?

i am just discussing possibilities here. my point is that the article is telling you in its own way that the vaccine caused the myo in these 18 kids, but I am arguing that it is not known.

1 hour ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Lol.

Who needs data when you have Tucker Carlson tucking you into bed every night making you feel warm and fuzzy about present day life.

that guy has gone off the deep end.  He used to be good years ago when he was on CNN but he's a complete kook now

40 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Sorry, but this paper disagrees. Says very clearly mRNA vaccines are a form of gene therapy.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7076378/

meh, looks like Europe considers mRNA vaccines directed at tumors to be gene therapy but those directed at infectious disease are not. I think any therapy that involves injecting genetic material into the cells for some purpose to be gene therapy, but clearly that is a scary term for people out there based on what I have been reading online. I don’t care if it is considered gene therapy or not. I didn’t use that term to denote extra scariness. 

It has to do with the catoragization and the FDA regs they have to follow for a label. But in terms of the actual biology, it's not gene therapy per se as it doesn't mess with the DNA. This is a classic example of non scientists having access to scientific literature meant for trained scientists. 

• Like 2