Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Spring Banter

Baroclinic Zone

41 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Thank you sir.  I was drawing the conclusion that they both caused the same side effects for the same reason.

badass-quotes-by-dr-house-980x457-148674

It could very well be related to the spike protein from both the virus itself, or the spike protein manufactured from the vaccine. In that case it might be the same MOA. My point is you cant assume it until the biology is worked out. Or it could be spurious correlation. 

32 minutes ago, SJonesWX said:

oh i agree, but is it known that the vaccine caused the myo? Or did these kids have pre-existing conditions? or maybe they had the myo prior, and it was not known about?

i am just discussing possibilities here. my point is that the article is telling you in its own way that the vaccine caused the myo in these 18 kids, but I am arguing that it is not known.

I agree. However, I go back to my original point. 18 in one little state is fishy. Sometimes where there smoke, theres fire. More info is needed.

11 minutes ago, radarman said:

what's your suggestion?

Ask someone who knows what they are doing. Then don't argue with them when they give you an answer based on their experience. 

Like no matter how many times i tell some oaf that there are not abortion cells, or baby cow parts in the vaccine, they come back and throw the product insert or paper in my face that has fetal bovine serum on it. I tell them its a supplement used to culture cells in and in no way is the vaccine I still get static and am raked over the coals. Fook that.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

I agree. However, I go back to my original point. 18 in one little state is fishy. Sometimes where there smoke, theres fire. More info is needed.

I remember last year right about this time the media was hyping an inflammatory condition that was allegedly related to COVID.    Died out after a couple of scary headlines.....

2 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

We are talking about kids. Perhaps you didn't read past the scare headlines and dig into the data about how minute the effects from Covid are on kids. Getting natural immunity seems to me a better alternative for kids than a short lived shot. Again 18 kids in the tiny state of CT is a big deal

More to learn about the effect on the under-18 cohort, especially since I think some companies are testing 5-11 year-olds.  Under 5 is probably off the board even if some talking heads think otherwise.  And that "tiny state of CT" has population about 200k greater than all of NNE - it's 29th of the 50 states even while ranking 48th in area.  ;)

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

Ask someone who knows what they are doing. Then don't argue with them when they give you an answer based on their experience.

ok fine.  But there is a bit of a difference between 'read more/post less' and 'take the GFS away from that guy' 

I realize you can't really avoid your young kids at home, but this story is a cautionary tale that generally speaking, it's probably not the greatest idea to deliberately expose yourself over and over to someone with covid even after you're fully vaccinated.  A healthy 43 year old runner does not fit the profile of someone you would expect the vaccine to fail in, so could be that repeated exposure in the house was just too much for her vaccine-induced immunity to contain?  She still has shortness of breath about 2 months after getting sick.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/cdc-will-not-investigate-mild-infections-in-vaccinated-americans/ar-AAKmGW8

55 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

Like no matter how many times i tell some oaf that there are not abortion cells, or baby cow parts in the vaccine, they come back and throw the product insert or paper in my face that has fetal bovine serum on it. I tell them its a supplement used to culture cells in and in no way is the vaccine I still get static and am raked over the coals. Fook that.

Debunking obvious conspiracy theories is fine, but the appeal to authority model is not flawless. The experts told us there was no chance this virus escaped from a lab and they are now walking that back, as an example. There has been a lot of this over the last year and a half. 

• Weenie 1

9 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

I realize you can't really avoid your young kids at home, but this story is a cautionary tale that generally speaking, it's probably not the greatest idea to deliberately expose yourself over and over to someone with covid even after you're fully vaccinated.  A healthy 43 year old runner does not fit the profile of someone you would expect the vaccine to fail in, so could be that repeated exposure in the house was just too much for her vaccine-induced immunity to contain?  She still has shortness of breath about 2 months after getting sick.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/cdc-will-not-investigate-mild-infections-in-vaccinated-americans/ar-AAKmGW8

She might easily fit the profile of someone with psychosomatic symptoms and hypochondria. That’s easier to believe than she had breakthrough long-haul COVID after vaccination. 

18 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Into the trees?  :P

I can unload some big drives, the trick is getting it to go in the intended direction.

I stepped up there about 8 beers deep on the 4th or 5th hole (I forget) and the fairway drops like 300+ feet. just swung as hard as I could and hit it absolutely dead center in front of all 8 people in our two tee times. Great feeling.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

I always thought the vaccine was to stop severe illness hospitalizations and/or death.  Maybe that woman in the article is on a ventilator or even worse without the vaccine?

Is it similar to wearing a seatbelt can reduce your chances of dying or serious injury in a car wreck... but it can still happen.

I guess I always looked at it as a probability scale and tipping the odds in your favor as much as possible.  But not that it’s 100% in your favor.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Kinda funny we went a couple of days without covid talk...  that was refreshing.

Need more toenail and crypto talk

Here’s more toenail talk.

Went to the podiatrist.... he numbed it and cut the edge of the nail off. Didn’t use acid in the nail bed.... didn’t want to do that coming off infection he said.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Also a silly question, but why does Elon get all cranky about the environmental impact of Bitcoin?   I think it’s Bitcoin? I’ve lost track

Yes, quite ironic for somebody who launches cars into space for fun.  I wonder how the rare earth metal mining is going for his Teslas?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I always thought the vaccine was to stop severe illness hospitalizations and/or death.  Maybe that woman in the article is on a ventilator or even worse without the vaccine?

Is it similar to wearing a seatbelt can reduce your chances of dying or serious injury in a car wreck... but it can still happen.

I guess I always looked at it as a probability scale and tipping the odds in your favor as much as possible.  But not that it’s 100% in your favor.

She very well could've had a worse case of covid had she not been vaccinated.

A healthy 43 year old should have mounted a very robust response to the vaccine.  Maybe she did, so the question is why the infection was able to break through.  I wonder if that repeated exposure in the house made it more likely.  That is not like going out to a restaurant, possibly coming in contact with covid at some point, and then leaving.

12 minutes ago, DotRat_Wx said:

After this weekend I'm starting a diet again. Just felt like a bag of crap on Sunday. Can't do the hangovers anymore. It's amazing how much worse it is now.

Yes, you definitely hit a wall eventually on being able to drink and recover easily. Last few years, it takes less and less to make me feel like death the next day. I have cut back on drinking during the pandemic. It’s tough but worth it I think.