Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Spring Banter

Baroclinic Zone

48 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

My wife is holding out for now. I really don't agree with her reasoning, but I have to respect it. She's off to Greece for 10days with her two girlfriends who are vaxed.

I’m not judging don’t get me wrong but we had dinner with my neighbor and her daughter the other night, who is in the medical profession no less, and we were surprised they haven’t gotten it yet and don’t plan on doing so...for odd reasons too. I’d expect their reasons from anti vaxer conspiracy theorists, not them. Just goes to show there is a ton of misinformation out there that easily flows to all walks of life.

Just now, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

I’m not judging don’t get me wrong but we had dinner with my neighbor and her daughter the other night, who is in the medical profession no less, and we were surprised they haven’t gotten it yet and don’t plan on doing so...for odd reasons too. I’d expect their reasons from anti vaxer conspiracy theorists, not them. Just goes to show there is a ton of misinformation out there that easily flows to all walks of life.

You are still talking to friends and family about COVID and vaccines? LOL

We dropped that shit like a hot potato a couple weeks back. It's over, dude. Just live your life and stop nagging everyone.

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

Just now, DotRat_Wx said:

Ugh. Wish I had that much money to ride

That 160k can turn into 20k overnight if you aren't careful, though.

One concern I would have about putting that much money into crypto is that you won't be able to get it back out as the coin starts to tank. Coinbase crashes, Binance crashes, Robinhood crashes...

• Weenie 1

1 minute ago, PhineasC said:

That 160k can turn into 20k overnight if you aren't careful, though.

One concern I would have about putting that much money into crypto is that you won't be able to get it back out as the coin starts to tank. Coinbase crashes, Binance crashes, Robinhood crashes...

Agreed. I wouldn't use Robinhood for stock buys anymore. He uses Fidelity and I would recommend using one of the bigger players in the market. Vanguard/Fidelity/TD/E-trade/etc.... Very unlikely those crash. 

2 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

For my wife, it's not misunderstanding or anti-vax thinking. She's been a flight attendant for 30+ yrs and rarely gets sick. Her reasoning is she has a good immune sys coupled with the likelihood we both got covid in dec 2019, but never confirmed. I'd respect her thinking more if she just said she didn't feel comfortable with the potential unknown side effects, but to say "i have a good immune system" doesn't cut it for me and obviously not for a lot of people who got covid and died. I am a little nervous about her traveling abroad right now, but Greece is pretty strict and you still have to mask up. She said she's juts waiting a bit longer before getting vax'd. I asked her what's going to change by waiting. Didn't get an answer. Don't want to instill an argument

5 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

We dropped that shit like a hot potato a couple weeks back. It's over, dude. Just live your life and stop nagging everyone.

LOL, probably a once in a lifetime event and nobody should talk about it anymore.. come on..

• Like 1

Just now, Lava Rock said:

For my wife, it's not misunderstanding or anti-vax thinking. She's been a flight attendant for 30+ yrs and rarely gets sick. Her reasoning is she has a good immune sys coupled with the likelihood we both got covid in dec 2019, but never confirmed. I'd respect her thinking more if she just said she didn't feel comfortable with the potential unknown side effects, but to say "i have a good immune system" doesn't cut it for me and obviously not for a lot of people who got covid and died. I am a little nervous about her traveling abroad right now, but Greece is pretty strict and you still have to mask up. She said she's juts waiting a bit longer before getting vax'd. I asked her what's going to change by waiting. Didn't get an answer. Don't want to instill an argument

Yea. Drop that discussion fast lol. I had some concerns as well initially but my MIL who’s a retired doctor broke it down for me. 

What will do when the wife is away in Greece...attack the lawn some more?

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Bostonseminole said:

LOL, probably a once in a lifetime event and nobody should talk about it anymore.. come on..

That was coming from a person who tripped over everything to get a chance to rant about covid 24/7..having the most Covid related posts in amwx history. 

Our neighbor brought the vax topic up at dinner...I guess I should have checked with the libertarian queen from NH before responding. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

54 minutes ago, Bostonseminole said:

A lot of the biggest "free speech" proselytizers in my life have assumed the roles of covid talk police... really weird. You'd think the biggest gov't control conspiracy in world history would warrant many lifetimes of discourse. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Supernovice said:

They bull trapped AMC at 10:05 est and it looks like sh*t now. set your stop losses.

Stop losses on Meme stocks better be set wide or you’ll be filled on the bottom of the roller coaster 

Look at the far OTM call volume .

Just HUGE  volume of calls being bought way out the money just a week from now . 

1 minute ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Stop losses on Meme stocks better be set wide 

Are they really meme stocks if its public knowledge that hedge funds have them shorted? I do wonder if hedge funds will ever short stocks again after these few fiascos. If information that large hedge funds have shorted a particular stock, all it takes is WSB and some momentum to drive the stock upwards. 

• Like 1

Just now, BuffaloWeather said:

Are they really meme stocks if its public knowledge that hedge funds have them shorted? I do wonder if hedge funds will ever short stocks again after these few fiascos. If information that large hedge funds have shorted a particular stock, all it takes is WSB and some momentum to drive the stock upwards. 

Who is the big money buying millions in AMC calls way out the money today 

Just now, Lava Rock said:

This resonates loudly for all those with low I.Q.s and toe-the-line, easily manipulated/guided mentalities. 

Not saying that is you... but, any big pharma in the context of this thing that gets to make money in a future of fear - leading boosters if not new vaccine incentives, making such a claim, is a pretty clear and cut example bad taste/conflict of interest for the rest of us.

We'd should like to read/hear this from a non- big econ affiliated research origins, and/or corroborated and endorsed therefrom..

But, drilling this down from that conceptual "cynicism" - ... yeah, we know this?   That strikes me as ad masquerading as PSA warning...  There are new common cold variants every year.  New Influenza A and B variants ...every year.  There will be new SAR-Cov-2 variants ...every year.  We've known this all along.    It's probably connect to the first concept above... they're engineering their future industry - if they feel so virtuous about it, just do it.  Let us live our lives...and if we need them, we do. If we don't, they can go work a menial job like the rest of us -

2 hours ago, PhineasC said:

James did just die from covid....