Jump to content
  • Member Statistics

    16,893
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    Duke Of Lizards
    Newest Member
    Duke Of Lizards
    Joined

Spring Banter


 Share

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, DavisStraight said:

Aren't you near that haunted forest? I've seen it on a couple shows where some weird things happen in some triangle in your area.

Yep. He’s got Bigfoot and ghosts of the Wampanoags to worry about vs black bears.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, DavisStraight said:

Aren't you near that haunted forest? I've seen it on a couple shows where some weird things happen in some triangle in your area.

 

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Yep. He’s got Bigfoot and ghosts of the Wampanoags to worry about vs black bears.

Yessir, right in the middle. I’ll report back on anything I find or see

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, DavisStraight said:

Don't listen to anyone but due your due diligence and make your own decisions. Listening to advice from talking heads is a lazy way out and not usually profitable.

Those who know, don't talk about it. Those who don't know, talk about it.

  • Weenie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, radarman said:

How bout that super strain that's infected all your vaccinated staff

I say we quarantine the entire team, can't be too careful

2 coaches 5 administrators. 3 tests for all players since the positives, all clear. So stupid they held out Torres tonight he already had Covid in December 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Bostonseminole said:


Amazing he can come out and hype it and then dump it. Wonder how many millions he made.. hope folks got out


.

It’s so exemplary of the voodoo in all markets. 
Yes, I got out temporarily but will be back in when the dust settles.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Supernovice said:

I was behind facetious...but seriously how do people pedaling crypto as a way forward sleep at night after seeing the price action today/tonight. I don’t agree with Phin much, but he’s right...don’t believe anything anyone says publicly...especially hedge fund managers and apparently as in this case, snake oil salesmen as well.

i think it’s much more about ESG and qualification for those indexes...big money there and if Tesla was excluded...yikes. Especially for that house of cards.

I keep hearing that crypto is the new gold, meaning an inflation hedge. Didn't look like it yesterday lol. As for Tesla, they just lost their chief source of paper profitability with Stellantis no longer needing to buy billions of credits. Their reputation in China is trash now, as reflected by plunging sales last month, their factory in Berlin has been put on hold due to construction permit and labor violations and their market share is getting eroded by dozens of new EV entrants. I also don't believe for a second that they've managed their supply chain issues when the big boys are all having issues. And the stock is still almost $3,000 on a pre-split basis. If I hadn't been smoked by the gamma squeeze last year, I'd be sorely tempted to start shorting this pile of dung again.

  • Weenie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Supernovice said:

I was behind facetious...but seriously how do people pedaling crypto as a way forward sleep at night after seeing the price action today/tonight. I don’t agree with Phin much, but he’s right...don’t believe anything anyone says publicly...especially hedge fund managers and apparently as in this case, snake oil salesmen as well.

i think it’s much more about ESG and qualification for those indexes...big money there and if Tesla was excluded...yikes. Especially for that house of cards.

It's not uncommon to see 30-60% corrections in crypto and most newbie investors will not have the stomach for it. 

The whales know this and will take advantage of the opportunity.

Also given the vast institutional support for this bull run vs 2017 I wouldn't be shocked to see big investors rush in after the dump and scoop up the discounts and Bitcoin rallies in the weeks ahead to new record highs.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Looks pretty seasonal for the next 10 days or more anyway. Summer in May FTL

That was more to give Anthony some shit. Yeah I don’t see 80s for sure. Should be lots of nice wx coming up which is great. Seasons in seasons. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, PhineasC said:

They have black bears down here sometimes so I would assume they have them there. Their range has been expanding.

Maine may have more bears than any other state in the lower 48 (WA and WI are also up there), but from the news it seems my old haunts in NNJ have more bear/people issues than here in the north. 
It's not the bears . . .
(And I :lol::lol::lol: at PF's millennial/old bear comparison.)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, SnoSki14 said:

It's not uncommon to see 30-60% corrections in crypto and most newbie investors will not have the stomach for it. 

The whales know this and will take advantage of the opportunity.

Also given the vast institutional support for this bull run vs 2017 I wouldn't be shocked to see big investors rush in after the dump and scoop up the discounts and Bitcoin rallies in the weeks ahead to new record highs.

Yup. We hold, and buy more. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Hoth said:

I keep hearing that crypto is the new gold, meaning an inflation hedge. Didn't look like it yesterday lol. As for Tesla, they just lost their chief source of paper profitability with Stellantis no longer needing to buy billions of credits. Their reputation in China is trash now, as reflected by plunging sales last month, their factory in Berlin has been put on hold due to construction permit and labor violations and their market share is getting eroded by dozens of new EV entrants. I also don't believe for a second that they've managed their supply chain issues when the big boys are all having issues. And the stock is still almost $3,000 on a pre-split basis. If I hadn't been smoked by the gamma squeeze last year, I'd be sorely tempted to start shorting this pile of dung again.

When there is severe selling pressure in a levered stock market, and this pressure persists for a couple days....some large longs  will begin to  liquidate anything they hold and that will begin to create contagion in other asset classes (in severe stock selling pressure) . That is what occurred last two days and also some margin calls .  I can see Crypto easily bouncing back and making new highs (no idea if they will) but the solar stocks, EV stocks, and other growth stocks won't be for some time.

Stocks fell hard around 5 am and SP fell down to 4040 or so which is a level of support and bounced as it was severely oversold in short term, Nasdaq Bounced with it as well as some Crypto like Cardano which hit 1.60 at 6 am and then bounced to 1.80-1.85 .  PPI number at 830 this morning was not good for market but it's still bouncing ahead. WIll be very interesting to me to see if SP can reclaim it's 14 month rising trend line (probably on strength of cyclical sectors). which it fell below yesterday or if that trend line acts now as resistance instead of support. My guess is we reclaim but that will determine a lot. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Supernovice said:

I was behind facetious...but seriously how do people pedaling crypto as a way forward sleep at night after seeing the price action today/tonight. I don’t agree with Phin much, but he’s right...don’t believe anything anyone says publicly...especially hedge fund managers and apparently as in this case, snake oil salesmen as well.

i think it’s much more about ESG and qualification for those indexes...big money there and if Tesla was excluded...yikes. Especially for that house of cards.

It’s very volatile still especially with so many sketchy projects out there. That being said, the major crypto assets and platforms are here to stay.

But yes,  it is not for the faint of heart and you need to have a strong stomach for it.  I watched the first dip come and retrace back up yesterday  and thought it was a blip.  However I then spent two hours glued my laptop watching the technicals and decided to bail because there were a lot of moving averages being crossed.

 I missed the peak because I got a little bit greedy but still came out up about 150% since December , however it could’ve been more like 200% if I had followed my instincts.  I also only deal with a few of the major crypto‘s because I have no interest in risking money on the possible insane gains of volatile shit coins. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

When there is severe selling pressure in a levered stock market, and this pressure persists for a couple days....some large longs  will begin to  liquidate anything they hold and that will begin to create contagion in other asset classes (in severe stock selling pressure) . That is what occurred last two days and also some margin calls .  I can see Crypto easily bouncing back and making new highs (no idea if they will) but the solar stocks, EV stocks, and other growth stocks won't be for some time.

 

Yes of course cryptos are going to come roaring back higher than ever because the bull market is still running.  Yesterday was the result of snake oil Elon distancing himself from bitcoin due to his “environmental concerns”.   You can damn well bet he sold his positions before that announcement and will be right back in on the dip. 
Anyway, that was a good opportunity for all of the whales to liquidate the leveraged longs and scoop up the bargains.  Not much different than the stock market really.

As far as Elon’s environmental concerns it’s pretty funny coming from a guy who launches cars into space for fun.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...