Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Spring Banter

Baroclinic Zone

1 minute ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Interesting tweet from elon last night about BTC energy usage. With the green new deal coming,  you know the current administration is going to support cryptos that are energy efficient as possible. 

upload_2021-5-13_8-34-22.jpeg

Yeah..notice Cardano got a bump since the tweet. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Talks around town he is using his injury as an excuse to get past this next season. Next year he has a NMC and basically can choose where he wants to go. I know he loves Boston, but do you have the cap space and pieces? He is an incredible talent, but he has millennial self entitlement issues that Phin talks about. He pouts on the bench so much while being the captain of our team. He needs to suck it up and be a leader. He was a spoiled Boston suburbian boy growing up. But you guys have a nice leadership core. Berg is a HOF player. He might fit in well.  

The Bruins I think would have the cap spaces...and they probably do have the pieces (question of whatever they want to part with them) but...in the era of a salary cap is it worth having a player accounting for $10+ million against the cap...I don't think so. And it's very possible McAvoy probably gets a salary close to that so no way you can have 2 players at that salary. 

15 minutes ago, dendrite said:

What do you guys use to buy crypto? Coinbase?  Or do a lot of you store on wallets?

I just use coinbase because it’s US-based and insured and I don’t need to deal with a Wallet.  Also, it’s easy to transfer money back-and-forth from my bank.

The downside for some would be they have a limited number of crypto’s available but they have a lot of the big ones.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

I just use coinbase because it’s US-based and insured and I don’t need to deal with a Wallet.  Also, it’s easy to transfer money back-and-forth from my bank.

The downside for some would be they have a limited number of crypto’s available but they have a lot of the big ones.

I know people like to bitch about the fees. Thanks. 

10 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

I just opened a cb account. Now, which ones to buy?

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

ltc is on 'sale' under 300 ATM..  not the worst entry point but not worth messing my 188 avg up for ATM.  I'd watch  ltc though.  250 and under is attractive.  we wait.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, dendrite said:

What do you guys use to buy crypto? Coinbase?  Or do a lot of you store on wallets?

I use Coinbase/coinbase pro. In my opinion its the most trustworthy, its on the stock exchange listed as COIN. You can switch money over to atomic wallet and back to coinbase for the crpytos not listed on coinbase yet, however it costs quite a bit in fees. Not a bad time to buy with the recent 15-20% pullback. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, ORH_wxman said:

Only 39 days until the sun angle starts decreasing again. 

I go through that solar angst at the other end, too, but opposite direction...

It's why I prefer my ensuing seasons "front loaded"  ?

Like, I'd rather pop winter a week after Halloween and have it be snowy through the end of January...  Claim a positive seasonal snow result by Jan 30 ...and I don't really care what it does in February. 

That's sounds absurd, I know - considering our climate and the beefiest bad-ass-iest bombs of lore and yore have always happened pretty much after Feb 2nd ... (unless it's Dec '92) so, yeah, in fairness, I'll rejoin if it's worthy. Otherwise, ...the sun f's up even Feb too.  The closest I experienced this was in fact ...fairly I'd say above the 90% achievement, 1995...  We mix- jobbed a 3-5er matte down and froze it solid around Nov 9 up there in the Merrimack Valley at school, and didn't see bare ground until the big thaw at the end of Jan... Nickle and dime snow events with steadily more ridiculous cold.  I remember hip to shoulder high snow banks down the street from WHDH in downtown Boston, in 9 F cold, with the snow squealing under sidewalk footfalls ..it was around the 15th of December.    That's how you run a front loaded winter.  I mean if it's still 60 F shorts weather at T.G....I'm like great, days get longer in a month and we're still not killing the tomatoes?

I almost think it is easier for our area to do front loaded winters than front loaded summers.  I remember 1995 and a handful of contender winters ...2008 ..2010 maybe ..but only one summer, 2012.. It was ludicrously warm in March and that sort of just kept up... we had 96 day, May 20something with a meso over town at night. 

5 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I go through that solar angst at the other end, too, but opposite direction...

It's why I prefer my ensuing seasons "front loaded"  ?

Like, I'd rather pop winter a week after Halloween and have it be snowy through the end of January...  Claim a positive seasonal snow result by Jan 30 ...and I don't really care what it does in February. 

That's sounds absurd, I know - considering our climate and the beefiest bad-ass-iest bombs of lore and yore have always happened pretty much after Feb 2nd ... (unless it's Dec '92) so, yeah, in fairness, I'll rejoin if it's worthy. Otherwise, ...the sun f's up even Feb too.  The closest I experienced this was in fact ...fairly I'd say above the 90% achievement, 1995...  We mix- jobbed a 3-5er matte down and froze it solid around Nov 9 up there in the Merrimack Valley as school, and didn't see bare ground until the big though at the end of Jan... Nickle and dime snow events with steadily more ridiculous cold.  I remember hip to shoulder high snow banks down the street from WHDH in downtown Boston, in 9 F cold, with the snow squealing under sidewalk footfalls ..it was around the 15th of December.    That's how you run a front loaded winter.  I mean if it's still 60 F shorts weather at T.G....I'm like great, days get longer in a month and we're still not killing the tomatoes?

I almost think it is easier for our area to do front loaded winters than front loaded summers.  I remember 1995 and a hand full of contender winters ...2008 ..2010 maybe ..but only one summer, 2012.. It was ludicrously warm in March and that sort of just kept up... we had 96 day, May 20something with a meso over town at night. 

2010 was pretty good for summer....we had a warm March, pretty warm April, and then were popping 90s in May on the way to a torrid summer.

Agree that it's easier to pull off a front-loaded winter though. Our geography just sucks for trying to get a front-loaded summer.

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

2010 was pretty good for summer....we had a warm March, pretty warm April, and then were popping 90s in May on the way to a torrid summer.

Agree that it's easier to pull off a front-loaded winter though. Our geography just sucks for trying to get a front-loaded summer.

Yeah...that's the one ... it was 2010, not 2012 ..

4 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Sounds like some vaccine demand challenges:

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/get-vaccinated-ohio-get-shot-1-million-gov-mike-dewine-n1267176

Now that things are opening back up long before reaching the "herd immunity" threshold, I expect demand to remain very weak.

Yeah ... feed the complacency.  'Well if we can lower guard - '  ...that's how the 51% population thinks in my cynical world lol  

2 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

wait, I thought the CDC just announced no masks outside -  what?

Clearly all restrictions can now be dropped now, but the CDC needs to pretend that they are in control of things and have a grasp on the real risk from COVID in this country. So they will continue to slow-roll to give off the impression something "scientific" is changing week to week... blatantly clear what is going on.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dendrite said:

I know people like to bitch about the fees. Thanks. 

Open a coinbase account, put some money into it and then sign into coin base pro and transfer the money over. Better fee structure. I’m not sure why you have to do it that way or if you still have to do it that way but that’s what I was taught a year ago. 
Coinbase pro also has much better analytical tools.

The fees didn’t seem that excessive to me but I just wanted an easy US-based platform.

16 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Clearly all restrictions can now be dropped now, but the CDC needs to pretend that they are in control of things and have a grasp on the real risk from COVID in this country. So they will continue to slow-roll to give off the impression something "scientific" is changing week to week... blatantly clear what is going on.

Definitely something dodgy is ... wth