Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Spring Banter

Baroclinic Zone

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

Yeah I mean it was all just an ask for public safety.  Obviously hospitals aren’t being overwhelmed, the southern US ran a fantastic study for the rest of us, the people who want to get vaccinated can do so at this point pretty freely with no wait time.

Its pretty clearly the end time. I don’t see many folks disagreeing at this point.  Time to send it at all levels.

Big summer incoming. Party like it’s 1999.

2 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Yeah I mean it was all just an ask for public safety.  Obviously hospitals aren’t being overwhelmed, the southern US ran a fantastic study for the rest of us, the people who want to get vaccinated can do so at this point pretty freely with no wait time.

Its pretty clearly the end time. I don’t see many folks disagreeing at this point.  Time to send it at all levels.

In more ways than one maybe :lmao:

I'm curious to see how this is handled on a business-to-business basis. I wonder if you'll start seeing signs indicating if you enter mask-less you need to provide vaccine proof...especially smaller type businesses like barber shops, maybe gas stations, smaller family owned restaurants. Bars/clubs...big grocery stores probably nothing 

4 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

I'm curious to see how this is handled on a business-to-business basis. I wonder if you'll start seeing signs indicating if you enter mask-less you need to provide vaccine proof...especially smaller type businesses like barber shops, maybe gas stations, smaller family owned restaurants. Bars/clubs...big grocery stores probably nothing 

Dude, it's not happening. The owners of small shops and stores are going to be anti-restriction and anti-mask for the most part, because those things hurt business.

6 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

There, fixed it for you

Still could be a highly at-risk underlying condition type of person.  I mean if I had Type 1 diabetes, HIV, was going through some medical treatments like chemo or other immune system issues I might still have a mask on.  Hard to judge just from the mask what the background reason is... but oh Americans love to judge too :lol:.

7 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

What's the over/under on Baker rescinding the mask order?

He has his time line, I have mine.

I'm more interested to see when the "removing all restrictions" happens in MA. Right now, the date is 8/1 but I bet it gets moved up at some point.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Still could be a highly at-risk underlying condition type of person.  I mean if I had Type 1 diabetes, HIV, was going through some medical treatments like chemo or other immune system issues I might still have a mask on.  Hard to judge just from the mask what the background reason is... but oh Americans love to judge too :lol:.

I used the word likely for a reason.

Sure, it could be a cancer patient or someone immunocompromised. You rarely saw people wearing masks prior to 2020, so there must not have been many of those folks out and about with masks back then. But yeah, sure.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Most of those conditions allow for vaccinations.  Not all (chemo etc) 

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

I'm more interested to see when the "removing all restrictions" happens in MA. Right now, the date is 8/1 but I bet it gets moved up at some point.

He's gotta do it soon. Connecticut is 100% open in 6 days. 8/1 makes no sense with vaccines widely available. 

7 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Dude, it's not happening. The owners of small shops and stores are going to be anti-restriction and anti-mask for the most part, because those things hurt business.

I agree with you on this. 

This is why I mentioned a few times I think you'll see some businesses do this but the second they see business suffering they'll change their tune really quick

• Like 1

1 minute ago, snowman21 said:

Why is Mass. so much more restrictive than CT? Or is that just the impression I get from the people complaining on this site?

Baker is "cautious"  He's a "republican" in a blue state, so he walks a thin line to placate the leftist inside 128, and the communists in Berkshire county, but still try to mollify the conservatives in Worcester county and the south shore. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, snowman21 said:

Why is Mass. so much more restrictive than CT? Or is that just the impression I get from the people complaining on this site?

Slightly.   I’m assuming it is due to how hard MA was hit especially early on. Phin used the word inertia     Harder to pivot 7 million who mostly have a certain mindset. 

4 minutes ago, snowman21 said:

Not sure, Baker has had some weird hills to die on during this. MA was pretty lenient about travel early on and gave a lot of leniency to stores being open, but then he had this weird battle with golf course owners that basically made no sense last spring. The outdoor mask mandate was really bizarre too this past winter after not having one at all last year except in cases where you were unable to stay 6 feet away from people for more than 5 minutes or something. But then changing it to all the time made no sense.

Either way, glad it's all coming to end soon.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Slightly.   I’m assuming it is due to how hard MA was hit especially early on. Phin used the word inertia     Harder to pivot 7 million who mostly have a certain mindset. 

The CT death rate is only slightly lower than MA.

MA just has lots of super cautious people. I spend lots of time in NY, NJ, CT, MA, and NH (and slightly less but still a decent amount in VT) and MA has by far the most cautious population IMO.