• Member Statistics

    16,728
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    Stormheartgypsy
    Newest Member
    Stormheartgypsy
    Joined
stormtracker

March Long Range Discussion

Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, BlizzardNole said:

Multiple recent reports in Denver area of just 3-6 on the ground.  Getting the mid-atlantic treatment?

I think the airport area was 8-11" I heard at last check  . Should snow all day there

Cheyenne getting smoked 18-20" otg

 

Latest Hrrr for Denver 

PhotoPictureResizer_210314_113338346_crop_1232x2153.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, losetoa6 said:

I think the airport was 8-10" I heard at last check  . Should snow all day there

Cheyenne getting smoked 18-20" otg

The airport had 11, but it seems to be a fluke compared to rest of Denver Metro. Most of the city woke up to like 2 to 4 inches, and even if they get another 6 to 8 (latest forecast) today, it will be a pretty major bust.  Can you imagine if that had happened here ---  If we had models a few days ago showing we could get  60 inches of snow, and official forecasts was for 20, and and then we woke up to 2 to 4 inches. :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, real said:

The airport had 11, but it seems to be a fluke compared to rest of Denver Metro. Most of the city woke up to like 2 to 4 inches, and even if they get another 6 to 8 (latest forecast) today, it will be a pretty major bust.  Can you imagine if that had happened here ---  If we had models a few days ago showing we could get  60 inches of snow, and official forecasts was for 20, and and then we woke up to 2 to 4 inches. :lol:

I definitely here ya but don't call bust quite yet 

^ Hrrr above

SE Wyoming has actually been one of the consistent bullseyes for the past few days on guidance . That looks to ring true

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

I definitely here ya but don't call bust quite yet 

^ Hrrr above

SE Wyoming has actually been one of the consistent bullseyes for the past few days on guidance . That looks to ring true

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sterling mentions the snow chance Friday in there latest disco fwiw. And they also said areas that get any qpf tomorrow night have a good chance of some mixed precip. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sterling mentions the snow chance Friday in there latest disco fwiw. And they also said areas that get any qpf tomorrow night have a good chance of some mixed precip. 
Canadian took 6-8 from our 6-8
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The traffic cams from the Wheatland, WY area are insane. True whiteout conditions. I dont think you can see 10 feet there right now. 
Looks like a bust in lamarie? Visibility is way too good

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ji said:
3 hours ago, clskinsfan said:
The traffic cams from the Wheatland, WY area are insane. True whiteout conditions. I dont think you can see 10 feet there right now. 

Looks like a bust in lamarie? Visibility is way too good

Denver doing pretty well today, trying to avoid a complete bust after not much happening last night.

https://www.earthcam.com/usa/colorado/denver/?cam=denver

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CAPE said:

Denver doing pretty well today, trying to avoid a complete bust after not much happening last night.

https://www.earthcam.com/usa/colorado/denver/?cam=denver

Denver is getting crushed. They are now at 3rd highest daily snowfall ever and will likely pass #2 within the hour. Doubt they match 2003 (31.2"), but still impressive after last nights false start. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Baltimorewx said:

Lol even out west can’t live up to snow totals 

They are doing just fine actually. Tons of 1-2' totals as of Noon. One snotel station in the Laramie Range has 52.5" as of this afternoon on 3.5" LE. They are getting crushed now. It was delayed, but not denied. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, donsutherland1 said:

Time: 2021-03-14T12:00:00Z UTC
Event: 52.5 HEAVY SNOW
Source: PARK/FOREST SRVC
Remark: WINDY PEAK SNOTEL IN THE LARAMIE RANGE. ELEVATION 7900 FEET. SNOW WATER EQUIVALENT IS 3.5 INCHES AND THE SNOW TO LIQUID RATIO USED WAS 15 TO 1. ACCUMULATION WAS OVER PAST 24 HOURS.

From Central/Western Forum

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Baltimorewx said:

Lol even out west can’t live up to snow totals 

Denver up to boulder to Fort Collins to Cheyenne getting crushed man .

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Denver up to boulder to Cheyenne getting crushed man .

Took a while to get that dry slot further east but since this morning the upslope trajectory has been pretty ideal for Denver metro. Radar has looked more and more impressive. Satellite image is beautiful on COD. Tried to post it but the file is too big and I cant be bothered deleting images lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, MillvilleWx said:

Denver is getting crushed. They are now at 3rd highest daily snowfall ever and will likely pass #2 within the hour. Doubt they match 2003 (31.2"), but still impressive after last nights false start. 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, leesburg 04 said:

You should go drink some beer

 

10 minutes ago, snowfan said:

Cut back on the beer

:lol:

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I brought the snow magnet with me in Estes Park. We had a solid morning. Got to walk down into town in like a foot of snow, but it has been flurries for hours now while just NE of town getting crushed. Mesos showed that snow bowl over me, but was hoping it wouldn't verify. Oh well. Still a fun time so far. 

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.