Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March Long Range Discussion

stormtracker

1 hour ago, mattie g said:

I understand being interested in that kind of tracking in October or November, but in March/April? Nah. I ain't havin' it.

All those blue blobs mean in april is terrible soul-sucking weather with a high of 43 and howling wind. Just, why? Why look for that?

It's as certifiable as crazy posters high-fiving 90+ degree highs in October.

1 minute ago, JakkelWx said:

The thing is, it will probably end up more muted as we get closer as there isn't much support for sustained blocking

The big 3 global ensembles all have it for that timeframe. Most people are probably rooting against it being sustained, given the sensible weather it would likely produce this time of year.

• Confused 1

11 hours ago, snowman19 said:

Omg!!!!!!!!!!! I’m 35 miles NW of NYC and the last time I had an accumulating snowfall was 2/22. Winter ended over a month ago and it’s not coming back lol

Yep. Winter ended very early this year around and east of the fall line. Even west of it, it was mostly a dud after mid Feb

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

1 hour ago, WxUSAF said:

Easter weekend sometime is the first time in a year I may get an adult like date with my wife. Was hoping to hike, get drinks or dinner outside somewhere...figures weather is probably going to suck.

If the weather is cruddy, maybe a change in the schedule is needed.  I suggest sending the kids on the hike, then drinks, an indoor sport, and a nap.

• Like 2

On 3/5/2021 at 2:13 PM, Cobalt said:

Perfect progression of temps! As much as we didn't like the outcome, the core of cold + blocking actually happening in winter with a gradual warmup entering Spring is a welcome sight. Hopefully no pesky neg NAO making its mark into April with a sudden jump to Summer as we've had in more than one recent winter. 

:rolleyes:

17 hours ago, WxUSAF said:

Easter weekend sometime is the first time in a year I may get an adult like date with my wife. Was hoping to hike, get drinks or dinner outside somewhere...figures weather is probably going to suck.

Easter Sunday looks pretty good to me on the modeling right now...