Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Cicadas 2021 - Brood X

FXW176

9 hours ago, Stormfly said:

Barred Owls are making a ruckus here!

Thank you for posting this! We hear these guys hootin and hollerin in the woods behind our house, at least several evenings each week. I've caught glimpses of their silhouettes swooping about from tree to tree at twilight, but never knew which species of owl we were hearing!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, snowfan said:

That pic is nuts. I still haven't seen a single sign of one and am getting FOMO. 

That picture is one of the more extreme examples, but you definitely see holes and cicadas when you lift up rocks and such. A few random holes in the ground otherwise. With the warm weather coming up, I suspect that by midweek it’ll be rockin’ around here.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, WxUSAF said:

Official CWG bug cast is out. Expect to be rockin and rollin in 2 weeks.

I don't get home until Sunday night so this is good news for me.  I don't want miss any of it!

Side note...for anyone who has the Galapagos on their bucket list, now is a great time to visit.  Last minute rates are SUPER low and the islands are empty.  Not to mention this place is AMAZING!  Come June the water will start to get colder and choppier until December...and tourism is starting to pick up but still only 1/2 of the boats are in the water 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, FXW176 said:

Patience, y'all. They will be here soon. :)

Ahhhh, Depeche Mode. You're bringing back the memories of working the DJ graveyard shift at the college radio station (the shift nobody wanted!), serving up all of those awesome alternative/new wave tunes from the 80s. Also, never heard of the Silversun Pickups, but good tune...so thanks!  :D 

Many, many emergence holes around my property...have seen a few holes in surrounding blocks...but haven't actually seen any nymphs or heard any of the adults yet.

• Thanks 1