• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 2021 Weather Discussion

CoastalWx

The Canadian looks great for the big storm on the 20th. A bit warm due to the northern stream being a bit late (also it’s late March so temp issues are going to be hard to avoid), but what’s important is the setup is great and all the ingredients are there for a massive ocean low coming up the coast. I think it has the right idea, this needs to be watched for all of New England with the best chances being in central to northern New England. I’m convinced NNE and CNE is getting hammered by this. SE MA is more borderline in this setup and need more to go right for big snows, but even right down to the cape and islands is in the threat area when it comes to big snow, though the probability is lower due to us likely wasting some QPF as rain to start.

• Weenie 7

41 minutes ago, Cold Miser said:

Almost 3 weeks since we had the final snow fall of the year.  This is what remained yesterday. Hard crunchy mess.

(That pile on the end of the dock is what is left of the snowman...Not this :cory:snowman, an actual snowman built with snow).

20210309_163017.jpg

One can argue with all the melts our :cory:friend had this winter he looks exactly like that snowman.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, George001 said:

The Canadian looks great for the big storm on the 20th. A bit warm due to the northern stream being a bit late (also it’s late March so temp issues are going to be hard to avoid), but what’s important is the setup is great and all the ingredients are there for a massive ocean low coming up the coast. I think it has the right idea, this needs to be watched for all of New England with the best chances being in central to northern New England. I’m convinced NNE and CNE is getting hammered by this. SE MA is more borderline in this setup and need more to go right for big snows, but even right down to the cape and islands is in the threat area when it comes to big snow, though the probability is lower due to us likely wasting some QPF as rain to start.

BOX has already posted blizzard warnings for the 20th.......

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, George001 said:

The Canadian lmfaoooo, thanks for the laughs bro hahahahaha 

• Weenie 1

17 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

The weather today is nice. I’m sure a chilly cutter or two is still in the cards for my “extended winter” but this was a nice change. 

Seems to me ... the idea of this warm up receding back to climo is really still the course of least regret for anticipating the rest of the month ...  - this 12z Euro is banally uninspired typology of why it should be paramount for all citizens of the U.S. that live E of Chicago and N. of about PHL, to stash enough independent wealth to leave and not come back until circa May 1 - end date negotiable, too.  Go anywhere in the world, but leave this piece of shit climate where it is almost as annoying listening to "at least hold on to snow hope" rationalized garbage - to the dumpster fire that is this putrid region of the world.

That run is classically spring New England nothing redeemable - absolute zero usefulness, piece of shit weather ... 

Now, the upshot of that is that it's like the antithesis of the D9 Euro bomb? - it's a perfectly bad solution, which by virtue of such long lead ...it must also be doomed to fail and not actually happen.  Any D6-10 perfect dogshit must by convention run through the same uncertainty milling ... something a little more enjoyable is the only room for any correction at all.   

So... we'll see..  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, George001 said:

Only 6 buns today Joey...train harder. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Seems to me ... the idea of this warm up receding back to climo is really still the course of least regret for anticipating the rest of the month ...  - this 12z Euro is banally uninspired typology of why it should be paramount for all citizens of the U.S. that live E of Chicago and N. of about PHL, to stash enough independent wealth to leave and not come back until circa May 1 - end date negotiable, too.  Go anywhere in the world, but leave this piece of shit climate where it is almost as annoying listening to "at least hold on to snow hope" rationalized garbage - to the dumpster fire that is this putrid region of the world.

That run is classically spring New England nothing redeemable - absolute zero piece of shit weather ... 

Now, the upshot of that is that it's like the antithesis of the D9 Euro bomb? - it's a perfectly bad solution, which by virtue of such long lead ...it must also be doomed to fail and not actually happen.  Any D6-10 perfect dogshit runs into the same uncertainty ...something a little more enjoyable is the only room for any correction at all.   

So... we'll see..  

No snow, no warmth, no naked napes out , reddening under a mid September sun . Just 50 shades of grey. The coldest winter Twain spent was spring in New England 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

35 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

No snow, no warmth, no naked napes out , reddening under a mid September sun . Just 50 shades of grey. The coldest winter Twain spent was spring in New England 

San Francisco can't hold a candle to the sore butting of spring in New "corn-holed" England ... basically from Friday afternoon until Hades freezes over. 

Hyperbole of course..

I was in 'Frisco last June ..during the early days of the Pandemic... heh.  I can tell you other than the fact that there are nude middle aged dudes walking down Market Street with their noodles and beads just flopping around under barrel bellies in broad daylight ( because of some weird inner city cult thing... that is constitutionally protected), it's a remarkable aesthetic geology that resides under a mash up with urban terrain.   I mean ... the hills are famed, right -

The wind blew at 20 kts unrelenting from the WNW...  channeling through the inlet where the GGB spans the Muir hills to the Frisco side of the Bay.  There's some remarkable vistas up in those hikes ... And the Bay was often white capped with wavelets ripping toward the east.  Wet-suited acrobatic sailors on their wind-surf boards were fun to halt and watch at times, while folks in masks walked the causeway of the Marina district by and by.  The air T was 67 there ... ranging 72 down town typically. SO, a bit annoying with constant wind ...sure.  But down town is bit protected ...and some of the commons were rather napey most of the time because they were out of the breeze.  I suppose when Sam made his famous observation, they didn't have the concrete jungle in place to offer as much refuge from the wind I suppose.

New England is not that charming though, at any point in the Spring - sorry... subjective or not, it's not.. nope.  

Heh, I know - maybe we just need more nude people walking around here in broad daylight next to other pedestrians who seem oblivious to strange "turkey" and balls...  Interesting there's no woman part of the cult.   What a f'n weird place.

But I guess ...I wasn't there in "Fogaust" ... I guess August is the shrouded hills and mank month that earned that destination its honor.  Mm, maybe - but that sounds like April incarnate almost dependably every year, here, just the same.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

San Francisco can't hold a candle to the sore butting of spring in New "corn-holed" England ... basically from Friday afternoon until Hades freezes over. 

Hyperbole of course..

I was in 'Frisco last June ..during the early days of the Pandemic... heh.  I can tell you other than the fact that there are nude middle aged dudes walking down Market Street with their noodles and beads just flopping around under barrel bellies in broad daylight ( because of some weird inner city cult thing... that is constitutionally protected), it's a remarkable aesthetic geology that resides under a mash up with urban terrain.   I mean ... the hills are famed, right -

The wind blew at 20 kts unrelenting from the WNW...  channeling through the inlet where the GGB spans the Muir hills to the Frisco side of the Bay.  There's some remarkable vistas up in those hikes ... And the Bay was often white capped with wavelets ripping toward the east.  Wet-suited acrobatic sailors on their wind-surf boards were fun to halt and watch at times, while folks in masks walked the causeway of the Marina district.  The air T was 67 ... ranging 72 down town... in that range. SO, a bit annoying with constant wind ...sure.  But down town is bit protected ...and some of the commons were rather napey most of the time because they were out of the breeze. 

New England is not that charming at any point in the Spring - sorry... subjective or not, it's not.. nope.  

Heh, I know - maybe we just need more nude people walking around here in broad daylight next to other pedestrians who seem oblivious to strange "turkey" and balls...  Interesting there's no woman part of the cult.   What a f'n weird place.

There’s plenty of dudes posting in here during winter storms sitting nude on wooden chairs with noodles floppin’ and beads bouncing’

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

3 hours ago, Cold Miser said:

Almost 3 weeks since we had the final snow fall of the year.  This is what remained yesterday. Hard crunchy mess.

(That pile on the end of the dock is what is left of the snowman...Not this :cory:snowman, an actual snowman built with snow).

20210309_163017.jpg

Is that in CT?  What water are you on?

mesnwhile last of my driveway ice.  Will be gone before the day’s done.  

19F286A7-F676-4057-8ECC-8D32283AAD4B.jpeg

55F off a low of 14F.  Just a phenomenal day out there.  Pretty sure I got a little sunburn on the slopes... blindingly bright.

South facing slopes just taking the brunt of the sun torch.

Just got home from skiing, took the dog for her first swim of the season in between the ice.  She loved it, couldn’t get her out of the water.

Its so dry outside that the dog was almost entirely dry just 15-20 minutes after swimming when we got home.  Only her stomach was still wet.  In the summer she’s wet for like 3 hours after swimming.  Water Evaporating fast today.

Septic tank spot melted out today, ha.