Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 2021 Weather Discussion

CoastalWx

26 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I mean I get it and love snow, but there’s no denying what a good sunny, mild day in March can do for the soul.  Like seeing the world for the first time again after darkness of winter, lol.

You're so full of S*%t................lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

classic spring condition..

NWS sites are hung up at 54.  Meanwhile, everyone is 61 over their back patios, driveways, and/or car dashboards when running out to the store...

I don't doubt the accuracy of the ultra normalizing tech of NWS but it isn't accurate for the "nook settings" were people live.  I mean, it's almost like those technologies remove the actual skin-contact temperature, which is an ultra microphysics thing..., in order to find out what the kinetic temperature is of the ambient air ...  Heh, it would make it both correct and false at the same time.  

It's almost as dumb as Logan reporting "for Boston" in early summer when the flags are wobbling from the ENE out there while it's sweltering on the Commons.  

4 minutes ago, dryslot said:

You're so full of S*%t................lol

Ha I’m really not.  Changing with age I guess.  Can’t disagree with Dendy, Blizzy, Scooter and some of the others that have seen a little migration in preferences with age.  I would’ve hated this with a burning passion even like 10-15 years ago.

Bout to head out for a couple hours of skiing now that it’s warmed up a bit.

Just now, powderfreak said:

Ha I’m really not.  Changing with age I guess.  Can’t disagree with Dendy, Blizzy and some of the others that have seen a little migration in preferences with age.  I would’ve hated this with a burning passion even like 10-15 years ago.

With COVID the nicer weather makes it easier to socialize too. Hopefully a nuclear winter next season.

4 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Season in seasons.

Yeah hey I’d take a snowstorm over everything... but if it’s not going to snow, sunshine and non-arctic temps are a nice consolation prize.  My patience for arctic cold in March has definitely eroded over the past decade.  Last weekend and the days leading up to it was not enjoyable, wind chill advisories and highs of 11F.  Hard pass if it’s not going to snow.  Not that we have any control over it though :lol:.

3 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Yeah hey I’d take a snowstorm over everything... but if it’s not going to snow, sunshine and non-arctic temps are a nice consolation prize.  My patience for arctic cold in March has definitely eroded over the past decade.  Last weekend and the days leading up to it was not enjoyable, wind chill advisories and highs of 11F.  Hard pass if it’s not going to snow.  Not that we have any control over it though :lol:.

Not that i really cared for it, But we've had to live with cold and dry here this winter or warm and wet, Now just melt it out, It won't take long, There is not much, No use for snow now, Its to late.

• Like 1

Don't buy it ...

That -30 plume emerges from the ether ...there's no real antecedent synoptics - probably an artifact of it's overly conserved curvature it tends to formulate going from D4.5 to 6 as a general rule, which it then ...

well, good luck getting that on a D4 map

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

I mean I get it and love snow, but there’s no denying what a good sunny, mild day in March can do for the soul.  Like seeing the world for the first time again after darkness of winter, lol.

I love the white stuff just as much as Ant but yea...one has to embrace the signs of spring when shows itself. Especially for a young guy like him living in a big city. 

I'm getting increasingly worried(hopeful) as a spring enthusiast(winter enthusiast) that we will pay a dear price for this warm impertinence this week.

I mentioned this in a post a while ago ...sometimes these early warm ups preceded a -NAO pulse in past springs.

I wonder where we are 8 days from now.  

For one, on top of the Equinox so... we'll be dealing with the diabatic mutilation of the hemisphere but... seeing as we've had blizzards with actual blowing snow as late as April, it would be unwise getting lost in a warm week ( anyway..) on March 9, but particularly because there is that tendency to do that with the NAOs and drive cold here while the rest of the planet regales in the crapulence of a global warming spring while we watch...   

It's not a forcecast - it's a early idea ... I'd like to see the EPS over the next several days ...  But what are we going to do with all this early heat when the r-waves roll out?  It could plume it's way up at to higher latitudes, at upper levels, and dump you know where.  That's what that is..

I am in full on spring mode so... this hurts me more than you think.  But I have to be objective as much as I can.    So many of these early warmth springs in the last 6 years have screwed later ... Maybe La Nina protects us where it failed to show in the winter...

Course, there is that deviant in my that wouldn't mind getting getting a blue bomb and taking everyone higher than seasonal normal snow fall by one single inch, while ruining all their gardens and melting off the next day - that would be my revenge haha.. j/k

• Like 1