• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    JimMadson
    Newest Member
    JimMadson

Feb 18/19 Disco/Obs

Gentle thawing here. Flock of birds came out to grab essential groceries. Temp now at 34.

Since we're sharing topography/elevation maps, I've got one. And hint: snow is measured at the bluest (or flat green) parts. Go figure!

dc map.jpg

• Like 1

Cleared out with the blower, yes lots of hard stuff in there almost like the second stage was handling gravel!

Snow changed over to light ZR.  This is ridiculous  At least the clouds are thinning enough to let the sun do its work.

30/28 light frz drizzle.

picked up a quarter inch of snow/sleet after the last band came through. put down a nice coating on the driveway, making it much easier to take out the trash lol

Dover has been the Capitol of backend snowfall all winter long. They miss the main storm and then bands from the ULL seem to always hit them. 

Have had snow showers and flurries falling up here throughout the day with these meandering precip blobs / bands. Made for a lovely day and kept temps down. 0.3” of new snow since last night. 

3 hours ago, MillvilleWx said:

My meteorologist sister in-law sent me a video this morning of the snow and she was talking in the background and mentioned it was, “Puking fatties.” I taught her that lingo. I’ve never been more proud.

She lives near Woodbridge, VA if anyone was wondering

I usually tell people "Puking Fatties"  is local cover band.

• Haha 2

Final report for Rhoadesville, VA

18 FEB: 2.1" sleet and snow, majority sleet.  0.15" ice accretion. 

19 FEB: 0.4" snow and sleet, majority snow.  Trace ice accretion. 

Season total snow and sleet accumulation is 19.8".

10.8" were from two storms. 16.4" from five storms; the aforementioned two plus three more added to them. 

2 hours ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

Like this?2775CA85-1B2A-4452-88AF-B15404B6F976.thumb.jpeg.3eac8f2397b04c322be246c12ad7bed2.jpeg

This is what my driveway piles look like after I make sure to shovel every single inch of snow that can be possibly shoveled in hopes of preserving snow as long as possible.

Legit waterfall running alongside the house atm. If the hard refreeze kicks in quickly it'll probably get super slick real fast. Ground cover that's outside of the sun's view is still solid though. Sun angle for the win!

17 minutes ago, TL97 said:

The crab claw got us here in DC

The claw is real...

image.png.4c0eda4cef0023525fc451433e92822c.png

• Like 1

31 here, which was the high. Some light snow in the past hour, but finally looks like this thing is outa here.

Enough snow today to coat the ground glacier. With the freezing drizzle/rain overnight and this morning, a respectable ice event, but not enough to cause issues- just how I like it.

Everything will freeze solid tonight.

53 minutes ago, CAPE said:

31 here, which was the high. Some light snow in the past hour, but finally looks like this thing is outa here.

Enough snow today to coat the ground glacier. With the freezing drizzle/rain overnight and this morning, a respectable ice event, but not enough to cause issues- just how I like it.

Everything will freeze solid tonight.

Yeah, really a nice winter day on the shore.  All we need to cap off the winter is one decent snow event that is end to end no-nonsense snow

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SnowtoRain said:

Yeah, really a nice winter day on the shore.  All we need to cap off the winter is one decent snow event that is end to end no-nonsense snow

Yeah how about an all snow, 6" event. Is that too much to ask?

3 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Looks like a shot at Single digits tomorrow night for nw zones.  December 17th got to 9 here with snow cover . Definitely doable.  A 1036 High centered over Md/Va :icecream:

2 hours ago, MN Transplant said:

It was grabbing the burger from last week.

Maybe this could be a naming convention of sorts for storms.

The "Nothing Burger" Storm

The "Crab Claw" Storm

etc.

9 hours ago, TL97 said:

The crab claw got us here in DC

EunfBIGUYAA9pvk.png

The colors don't match the totals across the northern tier.  6" jackpot is colored in 1-2"