Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 9th Snow Obs/Nowcast

The 4 Seasons

Just now, Great Snow 1717 said:

I have recorded some significant snow totals in some winters. Things can be worse.  Our area was a jackpot area for the 2/1 storm

I'm not saying its a bad snowfall spot, period...I mean relative to surrounding areas. 

This area did not jack in 2/1....south  had more, as it usually does....or north.

• Haha 1

Just now, wx2fish said:

It's definitely true in some of the biggies, but its tough to imagine Methuen doesn't average a little more annually

I don't think so....its just a bit better retention than Wilmington...though I  haven't seen much of that, either.

1.5" in Chelsea...heading home to the puddles.

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I'm also selling, so not worried about it.

You will get more for your home but expect to pay a lot more for your next home. And the competition is like guys lining up for a date with Kate Upton.....Our real estate agent told us that many homes are going for 40K-60K over asking price. Another client of hers put a bid on a home. There were 72 offers made on the home. 

Some real estate agents are refusing to take on clients unless they have a place to go once their  home is sold.  The easy part is selling the VERY difficult part is buying the next home. The market is a shark pit. 

1 minute ago, Great Snow 1717 said:

You will get more for your home but expect to pay a lot more for your next home. And the competition is like guys lining up for a date with Kate Upton.....Our real estate agent told us that many homes are going for 40K-60K over asking price. Another client of hers put a bid on a home. There were 72 offers made on the home. 

Some real estate agents are refusing to take on clients unless they have a place to go once their  home is sold.  The easy part is selling the VERY difficult part is buying the next home. The market is a shark pit. 

Right....so its a wash.

That is my point.

3 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I don't think so....its just a bit better retention than Wilmington...though I  haven't seen much of that, either.

1.5" in Chelsea...heading home to the puddles.

It's possible they are pretty close. I think you'll find similar in Methuen but well see, I have about 1.3" here

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Right....so its a wash.

That is my point.

No it's not a wash because when you are selling you are in control, when you are buying you will have no control. You will be in a large pool of buyers who are all looking at the same houses that you will be looking at. Only 1 can win the bidding war.  And some people are going to great lengths to win the bidding war(s)