Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Quick Hitter Coastal Threat, Feb 7-8th

The 4 Seasons

Just now, CoastalWx said:

I don't really see how this slows down much if any. It's progressive and should remain that way. If anything, the best way to fake a slow movement, is for a fronto band to extend well to the NE and tickle SNE. 

Increased phasing, and more rapid synoptic wave development... that’s my guess anyway.

Just now, CoastalWx said:

I think that would help sort of extend the precip shield maybe? But anyways, nice to see a good chunk get involved.

I mean it’s both. No? Instead of the track ENE/NE trajectory more like an open wave we see it bend/tug back a bit, more akin to a maturing system. That’s my thought process.

11 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I don't really see how this slows down much if any. It's progressive and should remain that way. If anything, the best way to fake a slow movement, is for a fronto band to extend well to the NE and tickle SNE. 

Agreed ... I don't wanna get into impugning any other Mets or skilled enthusiast efforts in this so I'll just say this once... This is not a slowing hemisphere ...

Note, we can have open wave potency - it happens... 1987 November is an example of a primarily N-stream drive open wave NJ Model bomb that dropped some 12 to 14 mb in 6 hours ( !! ) trekking a low E of Del Marve initiation point to just off Cape Cod.  We had 6-8 hour event dump upwards of 15" in SE zones, and as much as 6-9" to Fitchburg ...with flints of lightning blasting through windows followed kindly by girder buzzers.  That or something like that ( and that's no aver to an anolog, just sayn') behavior is prooobably the ceiling for this ... 

I personally think the NAM is over going it NW when it does these runs .. and that something more like 4-6" SE of Orange Mass, with perhaps a some speckled lollypops to 8" possible.  I don't have anything in life so don't care if I'm wrong - which is probably why I am good at this shit .. I really don't f'n care...  So, bombs away or don't bombs away, this is not a slow down pattern. It's not geophsyically supported in a geopotential height gradient saturation - it's just going against math. 

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

It's probably 4-8" with a narrow area getting more in reality. But nothing wrong with that. 

Yeah there probably would be a lot of 6 and 7" amounts with a stripe of like 9-12 for whoever gets into the weenie front band (and it definitely looks like there would be one on that setup)

Just now, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Someone could pull a foot in that look I think... maybe your area?

If somehow the low gets below 989mb before reaching the benchmark, there is a good chance a foot plus occurs for someone in the SE MA and RI region on Sunday.  That FRONTO band is impressive, omega is elite in the DG zone.