Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Jan 31 to Feb 2 Winter Storm

MAG5035

Just now, Blizzard of 93 said:

Moderate snow continues. 
This is 1 inch per hour snow!

I think we are in great shape...look at that radar with precip backing in from the ocean solidly still backing in towards Beford at this time!

Same here.  Heavy with large flakes...the kind that accumulates really fast.  At least 1 inch per hour.  Keep it 'comin

2 minutes ago, kerplunk said:

Finally started to snow again.  Nice sized flakes and light to maybe moderate.  Am a little concerned about being on the western fringe of things here.

State College is looking pretty decent at the moment. Hoping that heavier area between here and Harrisburg is able to get back to the I-99 corridor, it's making a good press so far. 

8 minutes ago, Superstorm said:

Still battling with snow and sleet mixture in Lancaster. Just when I thought it was mixed out, it comes back to pay a visit.

That pinhole in the models was spot on. I just got home and it was puking snow to within 10 miles of my house. Mod sleet w snow mixed in just wouldn’t flip. It finally caved as I type this. Went right to S to almost S+. It’s just awesome. Now I have some catching up to do. Lol. All good. 

1 minute ago, pasnownut said:

That pinhole in the models was spot on. I just got home and it was puking snow to within 10 miles of my house. Mod sleet w snow mixed in just wouldn’t flip. It finally cave as I type this. Went right to S to almost S+. It’s just awesome. Now I have some catching up to do. Lol. All good. 

Waiting for it to change here in New Holland.  Hoping it's soon.  See it snowing in Centerville along route 30.

4 minutes ago, MAG5035 said:

State College is looking pretty decent at the moment. Hoping that heavier area between here and Harrisburg is able to get back to the I-99 corridor, it's making a good press so far. 

Really tough to predict using radar.  Changes so quickly in storms like this when you’re on the fringes.

It’s a little late for globals, but the Euro has at least moderate snow over many of us until overnight tonight, then tapers to light snow/snow showers through tomorrow.
We still have a long way to go!
Here is the 12z Euro QPF & Kuchera snow.

B8CADA2C-24DD-4106-A6B6-0376F50A8595.thumb.png.0ccefe5e2638089eb15734dae1820b45.png
C1FD9E48-FB19-4A4F-A3DF-A4B8CD7EBAC4.thumb.png.b69867ff91cee7ccb54ecc45d5c72e1b.png

Ok. Is this additional snow?

SN+ in Harrisburg. This is 1.5-2”/hr  stuff. 

This is 2016 level heavy. I was praying that the orientation be this way. We have a firehouse straight from the Atlantic pointing directly at us with our raise in elevation. Depending on the extent of the stall mdt can get absolutely dumped on. This was what euro was showing yesterday and we lucked out with the banding it seems

• Like 2