• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Jan 31 to Feb 2 Winter Storm

MAG5035

Been dry as a bone for the past 45 minutes. Just did all my shoveling - it's a good 6" here I'm calling it. Won't be shocked if we get shut off mostly for the coastal, but this was a great storm to track. 

2 to 3 hours here bone dry. Some places in sw Cumberland county have been under an intense band forever

I am surprised here in Williamsport.  There's considerably more snow out there now than I expected on the one hand.  Wmsptwx says he has 10" in Montgomery so we can't be much different.  On the other hand Wunderground says only 1" more today and 1"-3" more tonight.  I thought today and tonight was supposed to be the heaviest.  

1 minute ago, CoralRed said:

I am surprised here in Williamsport.  There's considerably more snow out there now than I expected on the one hand.  Wmsptwx says he has 10" in Montgomery so we can't be much different.  On the other hand Wunderground says only 1" more today and 1"-3" more tonight.  I thought today and tonight was supposed to be the heaviest.  

They seem to be printing off a couple models which show weird donut of not much precip over lycoming county but yet snow in lock haven. We may only get another inch or two, but radar watching is most important right now.

• Like 2

There was a storm a few years back that put down big snows to our east and to our west, but left Harrisburg in a dry hole all day. TV Mets said we ran into subsidence issues. This is starting to remind me of that.

That storm also put down 6” after all snow was suppose to stop. It was weird. Like every model was wrong in each it’s unique way wrong

1 minute ago, canderson said:

Looks like the sun wants to pop out here now.

Am I crazy to look at radar and see no way MDT gets into any heavy band? We're in the pivot and I don't see how that moves to get anything decent here. 

Yeah I'm having a hard time seeing us get any heavy snows the rest of the day either. Hope I'm wrong though

Just now, canderson said:

Looks like the sun wants to pop out here now.

Am I crazy to look at radar and see no way MDT gets into any heavy band? We're in the pivot and I don't see how that moves to get anything decent here. 

a guy i know just said the opposite lol. He said he just looked at the radar and doesn't see how we DON'T get heavy snow in the next hour! But i don' t really believe half the shit he says :wacko:

• Haha 2

No more specifics good to see you on here. I lived in Palmyra all my life so I don't know the point. 

Lol, it wasn’t meant to be weird just to verbalize surprise that you shared. I’m also in the greater Hershey area.

Anyway, back to pingers. Does it snow around here anymore?