• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Watching closely .. February 1-3rd for moderate to major coastal event

Typhoon Tip

Those subby zones are sometimes modeled well.  That storm in December, had southeast NH and downeast main in the subby zone for several days in advance.  It nailed it.  Matter fact I think it wasn't big enough.    This storm is not the same animal, but certainly seems to be a transfer that shows "a sub zone".

• Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

We'll see what the euro says, but day 5 Ukie is as good as the NAVGEM. I don't care what the H5 RMS errors say. That models shits itself at that timeframe more often than not.

I've been down this Q/A road with this forum's contributors a few times over the years ...and never really got a satisfying/convincing explanation that didn't sound like a well formulated, thus difficult to dispute opinion ...Which is great!  - if one's seeking artfully forumulaic grammar and rhetoric -

But, are those errors globally integrated ...or, ( sum [ quadrature mean average ] ) / N-quadratures...

how etc... ??

Because it matters of course... If the UKMET is amazing in the Universe except on planet New England, it doesn't do us much good knowing that it scores among the other legendary oracles, does it.  I mean, models probably do have error prone regions.

( I know you know all this...)

I mean I think the Euro has a demon monkey on its back within the region between 110 W and 90 W over N/A mid latitudes, in the D4.5- 8 range specifically, that it may not have over France where it's always dead nuts accurate - I dunno.. But, it is consummately having to removes some 20% of it's curved appeal from the charts when passing that time range inside ( or < ) 5 days... It's frustrating - really... particularly when one attempts to use that observation and their own experience with it, and some other poster swoops in to remind them 'H5 RMS error  H5 RMS error' ...  ugh. 

It seems to me the UKMET is horrible, f'ing period man - but in its defense, I haven't taken it seriously since 1994  LOL

yet...there it is H5 error proves its so awesome, all over again -  

Just now, Typhoon Tip said:

I've been down this Q/A road with this forum's contributors over the years ...and never really got a satisfying/convincing explanation that didn't sound like a well formulated, hard-to-despute opinion ...which is great!  - if one's seeking artful grammar and rhetoric -

But, are those errors globally integrated ...or, ( sum [ quadrature mean average ] ) / N-quadratures

etc... ??

Because it matters of course... If the UKMET is amazing in the Universe except on planet New England, it doesn't do us much good knowing that it scores among the other legendary oracles, does it.  I mean, models probably do have error prone regions.

( I know you know all this...)

I mean I think the Euro has a demon monkey on its back with the region between 110 W and 90 W over N/A mid latitudes, in the D4.5- 8 range specifically.  It is consummately having to removes some 20% of it's curved appeal from the charts when passing that time range inside ( or < ) 5 days... It's frustrating - really... particularly when one attempts to use that observation and their own experience with it, and some other poster swoops in to remind them 'H5 RMS error  H5 RMS error' ...  ugh. 

It seems to me the UKMET is horrible, f'ing period man - but in its defense, I haven't taken it seriously since 1994  LOL

yet...there it is H5 error proves it not all over again -  

Nrn hemi H5 scores. It swings around so violently as Will said. 

15 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I would toss the UK as far as you can, then run the other direction.

too many beers

15 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Some people can't tolerate objectivity.....they want you in a snowflake costume with pom poms relentlessly shouting "GO STORM, GO'"..

5 PPD is not used liberally enough.

Not something we have the option of doing anymore.  I  can send someone packing though, with a single click.

kidding there ... but the sfc charts over at TT is where I've been getting them - didn't load apparently.  I don't frankly have enough faith in the GGEM beyond 4 days to find a different source so shoot me.

But I can imagine the surface has a near bombogen deepening rate between 126 and 138 hours with that evolution.

12 minutes ago, WeatherX said:

Takes care of a bunch of snowfall issues for most

LOL ...

funny you just said it that way - close to what I just internally mused:    Between the GGEM's mid level appeal and this Pivotal -supplied V16 .. a lot of folks are going to go a considerable distance in correcting both perceived seasonal snowfall deficits ...  eh hm