• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Major Nor'easter near blizzard (6"+ most of our area-best chance 20-30" north of I78 in ne PA, nw NJ, se NYS)-ice-rain-power outage NYC subforum late Sunday Jan 31-early Tue Feb 2.

wdrag

4 minutes ago, USCG RS said:

Neither the Euro nor the NAM are giving in. Interesting. In these situations, the NAM tends to win tbh. 

I said NAM and win in the same sentence.. yeah. 

NAM is prob a little east and Euro a little west. Take a blend and you might have a better idea of the final map. That being said save for the far end of Long Island most of the subforum is in a good spot for 12-20+inches (and NYC is sort of smack in the center of both camps, fwiw)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TonyFeeN2 said:

Do you guys really think the euro turns the city to rain? Seems improbably with how cold it is outside could be some freezing drizzle at the end

Verbatim it would but it would be as the heavy precip pivots away. The 10-1 ratio snow map has me at 14" but the precip total is about 1.7" liquid at the same point, so that would have 0.3" liquid as non snow. For the city the rain adds up to about 0.1". To me that means a very heavy initial snow thump followed by light rain/showers in the dry slot for a time. 

3 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

No. If this comes together right it can perhaps make it to 20" but the top 3 are all over 2 feet. 

If it makes it to 21" it's top 4, so there is a somewhat statistically reasonable chance of this albeit small, but top 3 is around 25" and that seems very unlikely lol 

6-12 inch storm watch for NYC is starting to seem a little silly - it's been at that for nearly 10 hours and I think plenty of data has come in for Upton to bump that figure up and set a winter storm warning. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jt17 said:

6-12 inch storm watch for NYC is starting to seem a little silly - it's been at that for nearly 10 hours and I think plenty of data has come in for Upton to bump that figure up and set a winter storm warning. 

I think they bump up somewhat and perhaps make blizzard warnings for southern Nassau/Suffolk/Twin forks. 

• Like 1

• wdrag changed the title to Major Nor'easter near blizzard (6"+ most of our area-best chance 20-30" north of I78 in ne PA, nw NJ, se NYS)-ice-rain-power outage NYC subforum late Sunday Jan 31-early Tue Feb 2.
  • BxEngine unpinned this topic