Chicago Storm

Winter 2020/2021 Short Range Discussion

1 hour ago, Cary67 said:

I would like to experience MSP winter drought

I remember in early March 2015 we were abnormally dry on the drought monitor with well over a foot of glacier on the ground.

• Like 1

Tomorrow looks fun on the 00z HRRR. Been quite a while since we've had a solid convective snow shower setup.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Weenie 1

1 hour ago, RCNYILWX said:

Tomorrow looks fun on the 00z HRRR. Been quite a while since we've had a solid convective snow shower setup.

Obviously not taking this verbatim, but the idea of micro pockets of higher amounts seems plausible

HRRRNIL_prec_kuchsnow_030.png.d2a1e9fb2a9a529d4f7818f52ea676e1.png

• Like 2

exactly. Rarely, if ever, recall  a closed upper low in mid January not generate a stitch of cold air. And to project this further the aftermath of this still leaves us in a seasonal temp regime despite a northwest flow pattern. Not a good look, or what I anticipated. 

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Baum said:

exactly. Rarely, if ever, recall  a closed upper low in mid January not generate a stitch of cold air. And to project this further the aftermath of this still leaves us in a seasonal temp regime despite a northwest flow pattern. Not a good look, or what I anticipated. 

But..but..the GEFS promised cold air.lol

• Haha 1

Some real nice bursts of snow here this morning. Snow globe at times. Everything covered up. Regardless of real cold air, wintry appeal the next couple of days. Better than nothing....

• Like 2

getting some blue sky and little towers look cool on visible already, should be able to get some nice low top shots of action to my west later if things play out as expected

heavy duty snowshower. 
Drove under one on the way to work, rippage with huge flakes. 1/2 mile or less visibility and instantly coated the road. Bodes well for the rest of the day. SPS going out now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Back to the overcast look I've grown accustomed to the past 26 days. Very dangerous road conditions for pedestrians with puddles everywhere from the light rain last night. Hopefully the city gets this cleaned up before someone gets their shoe wet.

• Haha 1

today has a miss sw vibe for mimillman and I

Activity is spread out all over, even over the lake.