• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Banter 2021

Eskimo Joe

Fortunately (or unfortunately), we're not the only ones in snow anguish it seems. Out in Jackson Hole for the week and according to some avid skiers, aside from out near British Columbia, there isn't much snow at the big resorts in the Rockies. Park City is managing with a ~20" base depth and they got saved by 10 inches of snow two days ago. Doesn't seem to be much help there in the near future. Maybe we're just in the wrong hemisphere?

31 minutes ago, Cobalt said:

Fortunately (or unfortunately), we're not the only ones in snow anguish it seems. Out in Jackson Hole for the week and according to some avid skiers, aside from out near British Columbia, there isn't much snow at the big resorts in the Rockies. Park City is managing with a ~20" base depth and they got saved by 10 inches of snow two days ago. Doesn't seem to be much help there in the near future. Maybe we're just in the wrong hemisphere?

It’s all relative. Plenty of resorts out west are doing fine, but maybe still AOB avg for snow. The best of the bunch right now seems to be Alyeska with well over 300” on the yr already. But it’s farrrrr from the lower 48 :)

7 minutes ago, CAPE said:

So our "good" period has always looked to start around mid month. This is the 7 day mean beginning at that time on the EPS. No guarantees, but this looks very promising.

1611316800-YuRQ1ebyQqU.png

I'm sure we'll somehow find a way to rain

3 hours ago, leesburg 04 said:

So much sadness....my heart aches for some of you but to be clear....not all of you.

My heart aches for you since you have met and spent time with JI. Today and everyday must be extremely difficult for you. You have my deepest sympathies. 

18 minutes ago, cbmclean said:

I guess its events like that that make your commute worth it.

The snow is a big part but it’s also really nice here in the summer when it’s 92 degrees near 95 and I’m 83 with a cool breeze.  I’m closer to outdoor activities I like here. I also don’t mind the drive. It’s time to meditate, reflect, and decompress. Sometimes get caught up on news or make phone calls. It’s productive. I could work up here but I like what I’m doing working with inner city kids. I don’t know if I’ll have the energy to do it forever but for now it works. 

• Like 1

I keep floating the idea of a snow psychology thread...call it group therapy, lol I'll bet if we just let it all out there...and talk about why we feel the way we do about snow...less would leak out in the main thread.

The Panic Room to me feels too permanent with all the reaping...but if we kinda exchanged ideas about our various thinking about snow and such...perhaps that would help.

@Maestrobjwa

I really hope this doesn’t cross a line. What I am about to say comes from a place of caring and compassion not derision. And while I am not a psychiatrist I am a sociologist and I stayed at a holiday inn express once so consider my suggestion...

Stop worrying about what someone thinks of Ji. Stop worrying about what they think of you.  Stop worrying about if it’s going to snow.  Stop worrying about defending how you worry.  Stop worrying about worrying. Just stop worrying. Find something you enjoy that brings you peace in the moment and do that more.  If you have anxiety I seriously suggest you not invest your emotions in something that is unpredictable and you have no control in and is guaranteed to disappoint you 99% of the time!  That’s a really bad idea.  Do things that give you agency over your emotions. Life’s too short to torture yourself. Plenty of other people will do that for you! 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

@Maestrobjwa

I really hope this doesn’t cross a line. What I am about to say comes from a place of caring and compassion not derision. And while I am not a psychiatrist I am a sociologist and I stayed at a holiday inn express once so consider my suggestion...

Stop worrying about what someone thinks of Ji. Stop worrying about what they think of you.  Stop worrying about if it’s going to snow.  Stop worrying about defending how you worry.  Stop worrying about worrying. Just stop worrying. Find something you enjoy that brings you peace in the moment and do that more.  If you have anxiety I seriously suggest you not invest your emotions in something that is unpredictable and you have no control in and is guaranteed to disappoint you 99% of the time!  That’s a really bad idea.  Do things that give you agency over your emotions. Life’s too short to torture yourself. Plenty of other people will do that for you! 

I'm worried about this untreated rash

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic