Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
January Banter 2021

Eskimo Joe

1 hour ago, leesburg 04 said:

I can only imagine Sunday morning after the WFT loses and the 0z euro shows 75 and sunny for weeks on end

When your head coach is the Euro and he puts in the GFS in the 4th Q instead of the young CMC you know he’s throwing the game

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, nj2va said:

He’s now telling everyone “WAIT! I was kidding” but everyone is already gone and over to Ji’s house for a pity party :P

lol I always include a disclaimer anytime I post anything from the super LR/seasonal tools, favorable or unfavorable. The weenies seem to miss it tho. :P 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, CAPE said:

I think the WFT has a legit chance. TB D is not very good, and the WFT D line can pressure Brady and stuff the run. Their secondary needs to play well too tho. TB has some good downfield weapons.

They could play a nickel all game and just use the front 4 to get to Brady. 

On offense, they have GOT to get Smith to throw medium and deep more. Use the run to set up play action

Was watching some Tim Conway and Harvey Norman on Youtube and got to thinking...  (and there's no correlation to this at all other than idle thoughts).  If we could pay for snow, how much would we be willing to pay?  For say...  a foot?  2?  3? or more?  I'd pay $1000 for 2 feet and not think twice about it.  Probably pay $5k for 4'   Of course I'd have to hide the Visa bill from my wife.  Any other "bids" out there?

3 minutes ago, RDM said:

Was watching some Tim Conway and Harvey Norman on Youtube and got to thinking...  (and there's no correlation to this at all other than idle thoughts).  If we could pay for snow, how much would we be willing to pay?  For say...  a foot?  2?  3? or more?  I'd pay $1000 for 2 feet and not think twice about it.  Probably pay $5k for 4'   Of course I'd have to hide the Visa bill from my wife.  Any other "bids" out there?

I have to admire you for that

25 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Amazing gradient of 2020 precip anomalies across our area.  From slightly BN near the M/D line to 15"+ AN from I-95 on south and east.  Of course we experienced this happen, but cool to see it mapped

We had a crazy gradient in our CWA too. It went from dry to completely parched the further west you went  :weep:

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Carroll county public schools are going back to in person starting this Thursday.  

Heck yea :thumbsup:

My 16 year old is through the roof with excitement.  I'm happy for her 

You sure it's her that's through the roof with excitement? :)

22 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Carroll county public schools are going back to in person starting this Thursday.  

Heck yea :thumbsup:

My 16 year old is through the roof with excitement.  I'm happy for her . My 18 year old HS senior is doing her classes at Carroll community college so I'm not sure if they'll change their protocol . Have to wait and see . I'm just glad they are giving families the choice for in person. 

This deserves a celebration.  I'm opening a IPA from New Trail Brewing Co. ( Williamsport, Pa) called "Snow Tracks "

thats great man. We are doing such a diservice by closing schools. Its one of the many dumb things we have done in this pandemic but to me its near the top

• Like 2

Just now, losetoa6 said:

Both of us:D . She's been struggling academically and emotionally.  A typical strait A student.  

We are hybrid and even though the students get some in class time, it is clearly evident that they are very poor time managers. In a way this will probably help them down the line, especially when they get hit with all of the out of class stuff that comes in college.

Just now, Ji said:

thats great man. We are doing such a diservice by closing schools. Its one of the many dumb things we have done in this pandemic but to me its near the top

How about this for stupid. Our county is in school but is denying kids the opportunity to play sports, meanwhile Loudoun is not in school but is allowing sports.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, leesburg 04 said:

At this rate the model keeps spitting out different days my guess is one of them will be right at some point I give it a 14% chance but only if the government continues to fund it. Today is not the day though

I thought the same. But today did remind me of 2018

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ji said:

My 6th grader opted for the "BRICK" option to attend school at the beginning of Fall.  Lasted 6 weeks, until our state's county color code reached orange and then red and schools were shuttered.  Now, 6 weeks of virtual learning later and with 90% of WV counties meeting the closure metric, it has been decided to abandon color codes altogether and resume school, except for high school.  He is thrilled to get back to a classroom.  

My high school senior who opted for the "CLICK" choice and who is also working full-time has had a stable year of virtual education.  She has also been accepted to a college next Fall, but who knows what that will look like by then ?  It really feels like here they have just been making it up as they go along, regardless of the incidence of cases.  I'm sure the teachers feel as twisted as the kids at this point.

2 hours ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

$20 would be my max. If I was gonna spend thousands id spend it on a move to Maine 

A far wiser investment and one that would be the gift that keeps on giving, year after year.  And the giving part would likely be more than just snow.  Can think of a slower pace of life, lower cost of living,...  probably a longer list than meets the eye.  Have a couple colleagues who are from Maine and a couple more who either have cabins there or have retired there.  They love the peace and solitude.  

2 hours ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

$20 would be my max. If I was gonna spend thousands id spend it on a move to Maine 

Not for snow reasons, but I'm looking forward to moving back north at some point in my career. I was really thinking about doing Florida or SE US offices, but I'm just too much of a lover of synoptics and snow to not move back north. Plus, the education systems in the south are.....pretty abysmal, so I want my kids having a great education and to be closer to family and friends. Growing up in the northeast US then moving to Texas was a culture shock. The people are nice overall, but the environment, weather, and way of life are not for my wife and I. I'm gunning for Sterling/State College/Boston for my forever offices. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, MillvilleWx said:

Not for snow reasons, but I'm looking forward to moving back north at some point in my career. I was really thinking about doing Florida or SE US offices, but I'm just too much of a lover of synoptics and snow to not move back north. Plus, the education systems in the south are.....pretty abysmal, so I want my kids having a great education and to be closer to family and friends. Growing up in the northeast US then moving to Texas was a culture shock. The people are nice overall, but the environment, weather, and way of life are not for my wife and I. I'm gunning for Sterling/State College/Boston for my forever offices. 

Can relate to what you mean about the synoptics of weather.  Have relatives who live in Pecos, TX who comment about having more or less 2 seasons in the year.  I lived in India and Thailand during a couple of stints overseas in my career.  In both locations it is either very warm or unbearably hot, and not much else.  India had a touch of winter for a few weeks each year when we'd get frost at night.  In Thailand, the only hint of "winter" was when the day-time highs were in the 70's.  The Thai were freezing with winter coats on while I was for once not sweating like a pig.  In both locations the lack of having 4 seasons left the constant feeling that something was missing.  Nice to visit areas with out the full effects of all 4 seasons, but want nothing to do with living there permanently.  

• Like 3

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic