Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January 2021

40/70 Benchmark

5 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Day 5 threat is probably gone unless there is a large scale shift.

Day 7-8 is definitely still viable.

Funny .. I was just taking note of both the GEPs and GEFs ensemble spread and in both cases, the only uncertainty is along the axis of motion on out to sea... Heh, you can speed 'er up or slow 'er down, but you ain't gettin' 'er no closer   

Multiple model ensemble guidance suggest the second half of January is MUCH colder with a cross polar going by then.   As Steve says, get the cold, the snow will come.   It’s a sweet look and there is great agreement across all ensemble guidance for a period of deep winter.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Multiple model ensemble guidance suggest the second half of January is MUCH colder with a cross polar going by then.   As Steve says, get the cold, the snow will come.   It’s a sweet look and there is great agreement across all ensemble guidance for a period of deep winter.

Good cuz my 2” last night vaporized today under 38F mostly cloudy skies. 

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah that is getting real weenie-ish past D10....before that happens though, might get a real threat D8.

Yeah should clarify, I didn't mean we wait until the end...just that it looked really nice right there. Anyways, day 8 certainly an option with some sort of Gulf low. 

1 hour ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

promise does not equate to dicey

Exactly.  I was kidding around cuz someone had said the next week threat held more promise.  

Although it did look like something could pop On the EPS come around day 8.  Nice that the EPS is looking good for the mid month. 

14 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Yeah should clarify, I didn't mean we wait until the end...just that it looked really nice right there. Anyways, day 8 certainly an option with some sort of Gulf low. 

Yeah the pattern is conductive for threats the whole time, it just gets better and better as the run goes on....so even though we may have a legit threat for Jan 11-12....the hemispheric pattern for Jan 15 or Jan 18 looks better than the pattern for Jan 12th.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

2015 was dead in the water at this point in time, too -  .. heh

And, since we've at last proven that the ENSO has no meaning any longer, we have just as much chance of something like that happening based on randomality at this point...   weeeeee

ENSO is not meaningless IMO. It's not the prominent driver that it once was.