Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
January 2021

40/70 Benchmark

9 minutes ago, Whineminster said:

I've been on here for 8 years and the pattern always "looks good in the long range". Not even worth looking into until 5 days out. 

Clearly you missed the joke. I've been watching the boards for 17 or 18 years and everyone knows day 8 stuff is a fools errand but when the threats start to work out life here will get exponentially better. 

Just now, Go Kart Mozart said:

There is a storm in the KU book with a similar evolution, but the lobe dropped in a few hundred miles further west.  I am at work now so I can't tell you the specific storm.

Yea we need it dropped in earlier and further west. This won’t cut it. The trend has been to drop it in further east, bleh.

What a snooze fest for the next week.

For KBOS GFS has the temperature staying in a 14˚ range (average daily range) although MOS a bit higher. 1000-500 ranges between 533 and 540. No precip. Light winds.

Would have been lovely weather to have a nice two-foot snowpack, but, alas, that ship sailed on Christmas Eve.

1 minute ago, WinterWolf said:

At this lead there’s room for even more. How this ultimately plays out is anybody’s guess at 5-6 days out.  So I guess the Ukie shows how this can creep in for more of an interesting scenario?  Or not?   At least it’s something to keep an eye on over the next 3-4 days? 

We pray for big-time latent heat release, but not so much that we have to congratulate Dendrite on another deform.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Not that different but play nice or you’ll get handcuffed to a hot dog stand in ORH:

haha....it was poking fun at his penchant for posting maps more relevant to NYC than to New England in the New England subforum.

• Like 1

Just now, WinterWolf said:

At this lead there’s room for even more. How this ultimately plays out is anybody’s guess at 5-6 days out.  So I guess the Ukie shows how this can creep in for more of an interesting scenario?  Or not?   At least it’s something to keep an eye on over the next 3-4 days? 

Maybe, maybe so. Maybe not. Who knows. Nobody.