• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    BlueValleyHVAC
    Newest Member
    BlueValleyHVAC

Mid to Long Term Discussion 2021

It’s really critical that the Canadian vortex ejects East like the gfs/jma show. That  allows room for amplification and phasing of the southern stream wave. Cold air doesn’t seem to be an issue so hopefully no worries rooting for the quick ejection. we can still score even if it evolves differently but that’s what we need for the storm of the century scenario.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NorthHillsWx said:

Need to save this run for the archives. Agreed, might be the best I’ve ever seen

The only thing I’ve seen look nearly as good is some of the runs we saw before December 2018

5 minutes ago, BullCityWx said:

The only thing I’ve seen look nearly as good is some of the runs we saw before December 2018

Oh yea that’s awesome , On my old phone I had some screenshots from Feb14 Where the entire State was covered like that for a couple runs straight.  

• Weenie 1

I've seen him post about this a few times, but Anthony M has this theory / observation about storm evolution during retrograding -NAO blocks....the first few storms track north (across New England) and feed into the developing block, then the next one or two storms are suppressed events when the block is retrograding (best potential across the South), with the finale being a traditional Mid-Atlantic to New England nor' easter as the block lifts out.

The previous retrograding block episode that we just had went down that way.  There was a storm across New England on Jan 26...then the Raleigh thundersnow storm on Jan 28, then the traditional nor'easter on Feb 1

Feb-3-HM-1.png

Feb-3-HM-2.png

• Like 2

I think we need to make a thread dedicated to this run.  Dear God.. it's beautiful.  The 500mb time lapse is absolute perfection.

• Like 7
  • Weenie 3

When ILM needs a cigarette, buckeye is speechless, and both grit and eyewall have something not depressing to say about this winter, something amazing has happened during happy hour. Only thing crazier would be Mack to jump back in this thread 

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

VERCLEMPT
I'll need a moment.  Please talk amongst yourselves

That has to be one of my favorite words. Good job!! Lol

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

Just now, Waitingfor88 said:

Look at my name. My parents moved me to SC in ‘89 from extreme South Georgia with the promise “it snows there.” 

They lied

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Waitingfor88 said:

Look at my name. My parents moved me to SC in ‘89 from extreme South Georgia with the promise “it snows there.”

is this the one they promised?? 

My mother is from South GA (Tifton). We have to work hard for our snow in the lowlands around here 

• Like 2