Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Mid to Long Term Discussion 2021

jburns

3 minutes ago, Buddy1987 said:

Mauling so far your area north on CMC and GFS. Way too early unfortunately. Models swing so wildly these days there’s really no continuity IMO until at least Monday if I had to guess. 

CMC was a tad to north from my area , but other guidance looks good at the moment... let's see what Dr. No has to say.

8 minutes ago, Brick Tamland said:

Didn't the GFS have most of NC covered with snow and a foot in central NC the last run?

We were looking good for a little while but you will likely still see something (you’re still in Wake Forest I assume).  Regardless, we have officially had a Brick Tamland post so this is an official threat in my book!

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Buddy1987 said:

Mauling so far your area north on CMC and GFS. Way too early unfortunately. Models swing so wildly these days there’s really no continuity IMO until at least Monday if I had to guess. 

Yea but if I was in the Emporia-Richmond area I’d be feeling pretty good about this system. Pretty sure everything has been burying them for a couple days now. North and south of there is the gray area at this point 

• Like 1

Just now, Brick Tamland said:

Maybe the Euro can take the CMC and GFS and meet in the middle. 

At this point, I'd say keep it right there. Love seeing the UKMET suppressed. If EURO keeps it the same, that'll be great. We all know it's going to tick NW the last 2 days. If we're in bullseye right now we'll end up like the 12Z GFS. :maprain:

Not feeling great about this one, but might as well track. 

29 minutes ago, olafminesaw said:

The Ukmet is quite suppressed. Pretty good place to be at this range.

h5 vort max track...

GFS: S NM >  OK City > NW TN > S NC

UKMet: S NM > Red River > N Bama > N SC

So, a farther south track on the UKMet.  Also, the ridging is a little  stronger behind the wave up into SW Canada on the UKMet and GFS is about a 1/2 day slower with the wave so the 50/50 low over the Canadian Maritimes is having less influence on it compared to the UKMet with respect to the wave digging ESE into the Carolinas

The Euro awaits

8IjYZzB.gif

• Like 3

Just now, PackGrad05 said:

Temperature are the limiting factor here...  Antecedent temperatures do not look great at all.    We just haven't had a strong cold push all season.    *IF* this pans out for central NC, it'll be another case of flake watching with marginal temps and mostly rain.

Eh, we have a lot of issues with this one. If it trends stronger it will likely be too amped and rain, but we need heavier precip to cool the column for snow. Temps are borderline and super warm beforehand, and the CAD high is really nowhere to be found on the Euro.