• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Mid to Long Term Discussion 2021

jburns

As some have said, all major players are still on the field. The trends today haven’t been great but we’re not talking about a GL cutter either. Difference in a couple hundred miles means a heck of a storm or nada for most on this board and we’re more than 5 days out. The fact everything is still showing a storm is great. Imo nothing substantial has changed since yesterday which is good at this range 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, NorthHillsWx said:

As some have said, all major players are still on the field. The trends today haven’t been great but we’re not talking about a GL cutter either. Difference in a couple hundred miles means a heck of a storm or nada for most on this board and we’re more than 5 days out. The fact everything is still showing a storm is great. Imo nothing substantial has changed since yesterday which is good at this range 

Nailed it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BullCityWx said:

We’re still 144 hours out. Literally every event I can ever remember has not stayed static for that long of a period of time. 

Only one I can remember lurking around for was Feb 14 That thing seemed to Lock in That Sat AM then Stayed locked in all the way up until Gametime that Weds/Thursday but that was a Rare one 

1 minute ago, PantherJustin said:

Only one I can remember lurking around for was Feb 14 That thing seemed to Lock in That Sat AM then Stayed locked in all the way up until Gametime that Weds/Thursday but that was a Rare one 

December 2018 was locked in for a long time. Only questions were on the immediate transition zone but overall it was extremely well modeled 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, griteater said:

I have a hard time believing that the GFS is dead right and the Euro/UKMet are wrong. Maybe you take a blend. Either way, it’s still no better than a ‘maybe it could work out’ for parts of our forum 

It has happened before and lately the atmosphere has been wild. I think if anyone in our forum it would be LYH then to the mid atl forum, towards Fredericksburg and up to Winchester, VA.

Ill give it some more time but Im losing faith in this storm and knowing the trends doesnt favor us all that well.   

28 minutes ago, ILMRoss said:

To quote Neil Young, don't let it bring you down

It's only castles burning. Hoping this suite brings a good trend.

"Hope Neil Young will Remember ,a Southern Man dont need him around anyhow."

Sorry ,couldnt resist,Thanks to Skinnerd!

Wx wise we need the ns vort to work with us and come south tonight or get out of the way like 0z gfs last night so Hp and confluence in NE can get us some refrigerated air down here.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Buddy1987 said:

Looking like 0z gfs def wants to dig more with the s/w into Texas. Progression also faster and better moisture advection and return out to 108. Def looking like it will be amped.

Lol driving rain storm for the entire forum as the storm cuts way to the west

3 minutes ago, Ghicks said:

Makes no sense at all 

A met can chime in and tell me I’m wrong. If you take the surface map at face value I suppose it is possible for the LP to undercut that high, as its positioning is a little to the west but generally speaking cold dense air is very hard to move or dislodge. 1028-1030HP yea maybe 1042HP another story in my book. Would be easier for me to score a coup up this way but would need some help for most of the forum overall. If I had to take a guess do or die I’d say at this stage primary would decay and die out sooner than what GFS depicts.

Just now, Buddy1987 said:

I def like your logics and reasonings behind this! 

And to answer your question, you're right, low pressures are generally going to divert around high pressures, and usually CAD drives our wonky miller B transfers to off the coast where cyclogenesis is more favorable. The issue is that the flank of the high on our side has been eroded over the last few runs, really weakening our CAD and nullifying that effect.

3 minutes ago, ILMRoss said:

And to answer your question, you're right, low pressures are generally going to divert around high pressures, and usually CAD drives our wonky miller B transfers to off the coast where cyclogenesis is more favorable. The issue is that the flank of the high on our side has been eroded over the last few runs, really weakening our CAD and nullifying that effect.

1 minute ago, NCSNOW said:

Buddy you just got plastered on the gfs clown.  All VA. I remember that vibe last night at this time. 

To be honest guys some of our big doozies living here now since 2012 have been the way we get these primaries to get close and then swing directly underneath us so we get the dynamics of that low still plus the developing ccb from the secondary taking over. I’m not gonna get so invested to where I get let down because that has become more of a reality here than not last couple winters. With that said CMC is a mauling in my book for north of I-40 and looks much more realistic with the primary. Gonna be a battle next couple days. @BornAgain13 where you at?! CMC will make you happy for sure.