• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Mid to Long Term Discussion 2021

jburns

It still being 5 days out at least makes this a bit entertaining to watch how it unfolds in the end.  Noticed on the UKMet that the closed low over the Great Lakes is farther south compared to the GFS....so there's a bit of squashing effect there with the height pattern along the east coast.  Best bet is to probably just put all the models in a blender right now and take the average.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, griteater said:

It still being 5 days out at least makes this a bit entertaining to watch how it unfolds in the end.  Noticed on the UKMet that the closed low over the Great Lakes is farther south compared to the GFS....so there's a bit of squashing effect there with the height pattern along the east coast.  Best bet is to probably just put all the models in a blender right now and take the average.

Grit, do you agree most 00 models tonight trended well for N NC?

It is absolutely amazing to me the Euro can spit out something like that when basically almost every other model is gung ho I mean even ukmet is more aggressive. I know I’ve seen and read thus far the euro is slower in ejecting the s/w out of the southwest and I think that’s a known flaw and bias in its model suite to where it’s now impacting its evolution. 

16 minutes ago, PackGrad05 said:

Is that prediction based on the 6Z suite or do you see updated info somewhere?

I think it’s premature to say NC in general. CLT and RDU I would agree but north of 40 I don’t believe so. That TPV is still flying all over the place on the models.That being said I’m not sure as to how many people in the forum actually live along or north of 40. I feel like I’m out on an island sometimes haha

4 minutes ago, Buddy1987 said:

I think it’s premature to say NC in general. CLT and RDU I would agree but north of 40 I don’t believe so. That TPV is still flying all over the place on the models.That being said I’m not sure as to how many people in the forum actually live along or north of 40. I feel like I’m out on an island sometimes haha

I’m north of 40 well north lol. I’m in northern Surry county near the va border 

5 minutes ago, Buddy1987 said:

I'm in northeast part of Forsyth county,  so count me in the north of I40 crew. It seems like the RAH NWS crew is throwing in the towel also,  as they've removed any mention of frozen precipitation in the official forecast for Wed thru Fri (70% rain Wed night)  though they still are mentioning potential for wintry precipitation for Wed night and Thurs in the hazardous weather outlook. From their disco.:

"Still expect high pressure to build into central NC through Wednesday, though to a lesser extent and with slightly less cold air advecting into the area than previous model runs........Also, despite the chance for precipitation, the potential for wintry precipitation has diminished significantly for Wednesday night/Thursday given the warming trend in temperatures."

Just now, Buddy1987 said:

Guys by no means am I disrespecting eyewalls thoughts because he knows a hell of a lot more than I do but same time I truly believe he was referencing the majority of NC but again premature IMO to rule out Forsyth county, Surry etc.. 

I think anyone north and west of 40/85 still has a shot right now, especially north of US 70 in that corridor. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, BullCityWx said:

I think anyone north and west of 40/85 still has a shot right now, especially north of US 70 in that corridor. 

I agree! I think dynamics alone as you get into north central and northeastern NC could really surprise someone as bombogenesis takes place. Gonna be one hell of a ccb that develops. 

57 minutes ago, Buddy1987 said:

I'm in Stokes County, so definitely north of 40. Although the last system we got gave Kernersville more than me.