Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 16-17, 2020 Winter Storm Obs/Nowcasting

WxUSAF

9 minutes ago, ers-wxman1 said:

Good point there. I’m not the best at reading people through text and social media. It’s often a challenge to communicate with it. Tough to read people this way, maybe I’m more old school. I can be brash and bold but for my line of work I have to be, but for here it’s different...these are not people making decisions to evacuate a coast line or deploy to a disaster where I need to be bold and hit a point home. This is more a hobby. 

It’s an illness.

• Haha 1

Temps dropped quickly here to 30F at Glyndon Station in Reisterstown. We'll see what happens tomorrow

In any case, happy to be back on this board tracking a winter storm down here for the first time in 4 years. Almost forgot how difficult it is to forecast a snowstorm in this region...maybe it was the four years at Syracuse that did me in. :lol: Best of luck to everyone!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, jums300 said:

Temps dropped quickly here to 30F at Glyndon Station in Reisterstown. We'll see what happens tomorrow

In any case, happy to be back on this board tracking a winter storm down here for the first time in 4 years. Almost forgot how difficult it is to forecast a snowstorm in this region...maybe it was the four years at Syracuse that did me in. :lol: Best of luck to everyone!

Yeah, I don't remember it always requiring a miracle to snow decently down here even with a good pattern, but maybe that is just the rose-tinted glasses.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic