• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    nyrangers1022
    Newest Member
    nyrangers1022

December 16/17 Winter Event

Just now, clskinsfan said:

GFS is a little stronger with tomorrow's wave. Should make for a better 50/50.

Nice CAD down to GA again at 60

Also the high is 2 mb stronger 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, SnowLover22 said:

at hour 42 on the gfs, the heights are lower at 12z vs 00z on the east coast. This is a good sign for the I-95 Crew. Also confluence is pushing further S on the 12z vs 00z.

at hour 69, the 850s seem to be colder on the east coast with the 0 C line pressing further south vs 6z. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, snowmagnet said:

I think a lot of us are feeling that way.  It's been a completely sucky year and Mother Nature needs to throw us a bone.  I lost my father last month, not due to COVID, and tracking a snowstorm in December is the most fun I've had for quite a while!

I would enjoy a nice peaceful snow and I am rooting for it to occur , prior years I would be stressed over every model run.... but after this past Sept its just not the same.... lost a child..

• Like 2
  • Sad 8

Hate to be the negative person, but DCA still gets to 37 this run. It's 34 at DCA when it starts ripping at 87. Rates would overcome and probably accumulate with the depiction as is but we could still use another jolt SE. That said, we've got three days.

Just now, stormtracker said:

Low position is ideal...but maybe it's TT algorithms, but I'm raining at 84

well it has you at 34 degrees

The CCM/deform band depicted on the GFS is serious bidness at hr 90 - runs straight the majority of the forum.  Even with cities mixing/flipping to rain, with that deform band depicted, it should make everyone happy.

• Like 3