Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
12/14 snow/rain/mix - Disco/Obs

nj2va

15 minutes ago, Ji said:

@psuhoffmanwouldnt a more amped solution give us better rates. the 850 temps for monday have never been an issue but light precip was not going to overcome lower levels...but heavy rates?

Yes but the more amplified solutions also tend to be further north and warmer because we’re on the wrong side of the boundary. It’s not universal. It’s possible to get a more amplified colder solution but that’s a razor thin margin on this. I’m being specific to the majority of guidance. The clueless Gfs can obviously get more amplified and colder since it’s still drastically underestimating the wave compared to other guidance.

1 minute ago, Ji said:

yea i dont see how we would be getting those amounts without having an amped up solution

You can’t tell by QPF or snowfall in a specific location.  Have to look at mslp and h5. On the euro runs all are juiced up but colder and snowier runs here were from a less amped wave that allowed the cold to press more. 

But...after checking 18z eps the correlation between waves wasn’t as clear as 12z. Could be due to the other factors out west I noticed on the 18z op mitigating.  And this Monday wave is trending colder with more upside. So whatever. I’m done.  Bring on the Monday snow. Then we roll the dice. Not worried about the correlation. 

ETA: until it kills us and I write a 12 page document saying I told ya so...kidding not kidding. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Buddy1987 said:

Icon just looks wonky and wrong with a 1037 HP being bullied. Highly doubt that occurs. Also primary pushes into SE Indiana. Unlikely imo

edit: referencing 2nd wave 

I am guessing it shows rain mostly..I don’t have the oomph to even look at it

5 minutes ago, SnowGoose69 said:

Not just that it basically finds a way to make the rainiest or warmest solution possible given the pattern.  It’s sort of funny. 

We’ve failed in quite spectacular fashion way closer than than 5 days.  See what the GFS has waiting for us.  Either way I’m 3 sheets to the wind

• Haha 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic