Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Active mid December with multiple event potential

Typhoon Tip

12 minutes ago, JoeSnowBOS said:

Lol - GFS most consistent model...tough to go against consistent...EURO may do full cave tonight with sampling better ...GFS will be crowned new king or if wrong EURO says get out of my house...battle Royale here!

DoRatWx is not happy with how your conducting yourself and representing his city. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

The Euro will be interesting. I have may doubts about the GFS beating the higher res and better physics of the other models. Hell, Even the GFS Para, Which isn't usually taken seriously, almost grazed Nantucket with the surface Low. So again, How can the GFS be like this at this juncture? I will definitely be impressed and disappointed if it somehow ends up being correct.

I know the NAVGEM is rarely used these days due to being outdated and not really high resolution fields anymore, but it does have a progressive tone to its forecasting and we were told to have a red flag to the progressive side of the solutions envelope whenever the model was more amped and further northwest.  Well the 18z NAVGEM was just as similar to the 84 hour NAM.

Just now, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

00z GEFS mean is actually more west and northwest than the operational.  Also the individual members are more west and northwest of the mean with more members than previous runs, they also prolong the precipitation more from hours 78 to 96.

There are more tucked in members for sure, but the north progression still isn’t very good. Most get shunted east at/south of cape may. 

3 minutes ago, Greg said:

The Euro will be interesting. I have may doubts about the GFS beating the higher res and better physics of the other models. Hell, Even the GFS Para, Which isn't usually taken seriously, almost grazed Nantucket with the surface Low. So again, How can the GFS be like this at this juncture? I will definitely be impressed and disappointed if it somehow ends up being correct.

It's entirely possible that the GFS is right. If the spacing between the main shortwave and upstream shortwave are too close, a sheared out mess is possible.

2 minutes ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

00z GEFS mean is actually more west and northwest than the operational.  Also the individual members are more west and northwest of the mean with more members than previous runs, they also prolong the precipitation more from hours 78 to 96.

So this above is also not surprising. The 00z GFS is probably the worst result, with narrow wavelength and extremely sheared mess by the time it reaches New England. So it stands to reason that the GEFS would have plenty of members that have greater spacing and more amplified solutions, dragging the mean north with it.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, JoeSnowBOS said:

Fair point but 4 runs in a row of consistenty and sampling better with 0z runs...just saying GFS in its prime zone now and 4 straight runs and no model is trending NW, EURO has started its SE trend already...

you'll learn......gfs is stubborn AF in these setups.......we are still 60 yours away.......the GFS will cave at some point and it will do it maddeningly slow......we've seen it wait until like 24 hours out before it does so.......you'll see

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Cmc buries epa over and over again. It’s been pretty consistent fwiw. 

Let’s see how this shakes it over the two days because we’re still not inside the red zone. We’re probably just getting to midfield. 

The eastern pa, New Jersey to southeastern New York crush has been mindbogglingy consistent on just about every piece of guidance every run

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Hard to tell if the Ukie is good. Low res panels have a low on the VA/NC border at 72 and well OTS at 96. 

Comparing the pressure pattern (how are the isobars oriented) and the H5 heights, it is significantly more robust than the GFS. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

No it is not at all, it is in good agreement with the gfs.  gfs-ens_apcpn_us_15.png

gem_apcpn_us_15.png

The gefs gets precip .50 inch line more north but is in line with the gfs.

What is everyone looking at with the GEFS mean?  While yes the mean might be southeast, but the bend and anomaly is to the northwest, the bend is to the northwest where most members are located, not southeast.  Might have a few members that are strong and skew the mean to the southeast, but that does not mean the majority of members agree on a southeast tug, they are more northwest!

59 minutes ago, JoeSnowBOS said:

Lol - GFS most consistent model...tough to go against consistent...EURO may do full cave tonight with sampling better ...GFS will be crowned new king or if wrong EURO says get out of my house...battle Royale here!

The GFS gave Boston 31" 24 hours ago.

What an utterly clueless post.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, weathafella said:

You didn’t answer my question.  When has the outlier been right when it’s been the gfs In a bog system?

Thought you meant when did the ensembles go south and east.

I'm not Will and terrible at remembering specific systems but do remember the NAM riding solo in the mid-long range on systems all by itself and scoring coupes.

To be fair, I can't remember the GFS specific being an outlier and scoring a coupe but other models yes