Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 5-6, 2020 Storm Observations and Nowcast

Baroclinic Zone

1 minute ago, Wentzadelphia said:

The sleep inn in Londonderry won’t let me check in until 3 but I’m bugging them I’ll just hang in the lobby or car if I have to lol. 

There’s some great little breweries in Londonderry you could probably kill some time in if you wanted to and are a craft beer guy. From the Barrel is the one I recommend. 

Good luck though! I’m very familiar with the area and you should do just fine there with snow totals. That area often does very well. 

Classic ...elevations flipping first.

Buddy down around 800' in Auburn is 70/30 giant cotton glops... while here in the Nashoba Valley, I've been 20/80 ( ~)  ... cat paws with bigger glunks zipping down here and there along side.

Looks like a more gradual flip tendency. Yesterday we had fun in nostalgia over the 1992 flash event where communities went from heavy wind swept rains to white whirling in 30 seconds or less during that infamous storm's winter entrance frames. It was like dad came home and settled the debate ... But I've been edging 30/70 ... 20/80 for over an hour here.   Ha, funny how Eskimos are said to have 70 words for snow - it's like figuratively we have 70 words for mixing stages -

But, the transition temperature is higher due to the top --> down cooling of the column.  I can look at the sky and just make out the large aggregate melt level as it moves by, while giant cat paw white rain globs survived and accompany the other victimes down here on the ground ( Actually at the moment I'd say it's the first time I've gone 40/60... ).   It's 38 here  ;)    ..I figure the commitment temperature to be right around 36 ... By 34 you've been accumulated and you may even think it's colder than it is...  Meanwhile, anyone 1200' is probably 31.9 with transformer booms -