• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
December Medium/Long Range Discussion

yoda

I’m guarded against being interested, but my outer weenie wants it so bad. I think it’s possible - we’ve shown it before - but I’d absolutely prefer a small overrunning 2-4” event than trying to get this thing to work.

That said, it would truly be the Christmas weenie miracle of all Christmas weenie miracles were it to occur, and I don’t think ANY of us would forget it.

1 hour ago, Fozz said:

How is all of this, especially the STJ, happening in a borderline strong Niña?

It all sounds way too good to be true, and something I’d expect from a Modoki Niño.

There are theories that the warming SST profile overall in conjunction with some anomalies we didn’t used to see concurrently has muted typical enso response recently. 

1 hour ago, anotherman said:

I’m pretty sure it’s because the Nina is dying. Someone posted information about it earlier....

I’m in the Frd camp that usually there is a lag to enso but it’s possible that the weaker then expected peak along with anomalous warm pools in other places like the north PAC mute the Nina response the same way the nino response was muted in 2019. 

58 minutes ago, WEATHER53 said:

Enso is no longer the very reliable prediction tool it once was. 

On this we agree. 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Top two analogs for the CPC D11 super ensemble are both KUs...3rd is in January 1987.

https://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/products/predictions/814day/814analog.off.gif

Top analog was 12” at IAD and the second one was DCA’s highest Christmas Day snow depth of 7”, eventually tied by 12/09.

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic