• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    BobbyB
    Newest Member
    BobbyB

December 2020 Discussion

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Pretty cool sat shot today . Look at places in W CT like Wolcott . Shows elevation where snow fell

lEhmwaU.jpg

Stayed cold-broke out the parka. Feel amd look of winter 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

Don’t forget the dawn awakening flurries on the s shore and cape tomorrow morning. 

I'm working in Onset tomorrow morning.  Expect updates and pics

• Like 1

1 hour ago, weathafella said:

So easy to predict who reacted confused on Wolfie’s post.

And they’re Confused about a 957mb coastal low, 9 days from now not staying on the model. Guess they’re not to familiar with the ebb and flow of modeling?  

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

Larry Cosgrove thinks the pattern flips to cold and snow  by January and continues through March.

He likes  1995-1996 and 2007- 2008 analog

• Like 1
  • Weenie 5

Weeklies have a decent gradient pattern for late December and first half of January. Low heights in NW Canada into AK but the core of them stay east of the Death Star region so Canada is pretty cold and it oozes into the northern tier. 

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Weeklies have a decent gradient pattern for late December and first half of January. Low heights in NW Canada into AK but the core of them stay east of the Death Star region so Canada is pretty cold and it oozes into the northern tier. 

is southern Michigan on the good side of the gradient lol?

• Weenie 3

55 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

Larry Cosgrove thinks the pattern flips to cold and snow  by January and continues through March.

He likes  1995-1996 and 2007- 2008 analog

wow I haven’t heard his name in a while! I actually had his email newsletter as a teen. I used to love reading it before school. Nostalgic memories for sure... Where does he post these days? 

8 minutes ago, michsnowfreak said:

is southern Michigan on the good side of the gradient lol?

Can’t really tell this far out. It’s a general N/S gradient. I think it had the dividing line between normal and above normal temps really close to your area for a couple weeks. That should mean chances there anyway if it panned out like that. 

5 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Can’t really tell this far out. It’s a general N/S gradient. I think it had the dividing line between normal and above normal temps really close to your area for a couple weeks. That should mean chances there anyway if it panned out like that. 

Thanks. I know it will change several times anyway, but that's actually how I'd envisioned winter. Riding the gradient in a stormy winter can give us lots of snow (aka 2007-08) but be frustrating for pack lovers. Already had a taste of that this season (6.2" on season, less than 4 full days of full cover).

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Is there any chance at all of the cutter triple pointing this wee, so we don’t spend two days of 50’s and dews to N Maine

Yes it’s possible. But gonna need to see some trends tonight and tomorrow. We’ve seen the trend of the angle of approach come in flatter over the past 24-36h but it’s still not enough. Need a bigger jump. 

7 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yes it’s possible. But gonna need to see some trends tonight and tomorrow. We’ve seen the trend of the angle of approach come in flatter over the past 24-36h but it’s still not enough. Need a bigger jump. 

#Pleasesavethepack

• Confused 2
  • Weenie 1

9 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

#Pleasesavethepack

Meh. I want to also, but it’s a heavy lift to keep us cold enough this weekend. 

We’ll have more chances behind it. 

4 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Pretty cool sat shot today . Look at places in W CT like Wolcott . Shows elevation where snow fell

lEhmwaU.jpg

Nice pic.  Been living in this valley for years and it's still annoys me.  

1 hour ago, PhineasC said:

Only one location even gets snow at this point. The climate at my place in MD is basically like Raleigh, NC now.

I think he meant  your location in NH, and Alex’s in NH. ?  

32 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Meh. I want to also, but it’s a heavy lift to keep us cold enough this weekend. 

We’ll have more chances behind it. 

Oh I know it’s almost definitely all wiped out. It really is like ice though. So much water content . At least it’ll put up a fight 

5 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

lEhmwaU.jpg

It's funny when I look close at my town, I can pick out the individual fields (like the town park, and skyline farm) because they are the really white spots.