Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 2020 Discussion

40/70 Benchmark

24 minutes ago, BombsAway1288 said:

Good thing is that the GFS continues to remain very active with big storms in the LR. Bad thing is that they all cut up the apps.

Another year with storm after storm cutting, bringing rains to Fort Kent is not gonna be fun

Awful post

Look at  ensembles this far out

Tough break for SNEers with this weekend's upcoming storm. Ridging out west is usually welcomed but in my personal opinion it's almost too much (amplified). It's to the point where it breaks anticyclonically and "pinches off" the mid level low currently over TX Panhandle, preventing it to dig further south which is what needs to happen at this point to get any sort of favorable track to get that cold air to fill in NW of the surface low. 

I was looking even beyond that and around Dec.13-14th timeframe another massive low develops but it's behind the remnants of a deteriorated Rex Block which slides east and gives ya'll a cutter. You'll need the umbrella more than the shovel.

I'm not completely throwing in the towel on these two events for SNE yet but definitely concerned about the synoptic setup. I may end up with more snow than some of you up there ;)

2 hours ago, BombsAway1288 said:

I see one strengthening low over BOS this saturday otherwise, it looks boring.

Hope I'm wrong and usually when I bitch about things, they turn around but it just looks a lot like the last few years.

Prove me wrong please

6z maybe cheers you up? And why are you looking at op runs that far out? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1